PS4 arrival close - Page 4 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #31 of 98 Old 11-15-13, 09:04 AM
Elite Shackster

Re: PS4 arrival close

Who was lucky enough to get the Play Station 4 today? Any issues?

I read some news that some hdmi ports were not working properly but that was on some units sent to some review sites.. Not sure if that was seen for the general public thou.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 98 Old 11-15-13, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Quote:
tripplej wrote: View Post
Who was lucky enough to get the Play Station 4 today? Any issues? I read some news that some hdmi ports were not working properly but that was on some units sent to some review sites.. Not sure if that was seen for the general public thou.
Mine is on a UPS truck and scheduled for delivery by 8pm. From what I've read they're having serious network problems and many people aren't able to play multiplayer with the FPS titles. I hope they get it figured out soon because I'm feeling sick and not sure I'll be making it into work tonight!
post #33 of 98 Old 11-15-13, 09:43 AM
Elite Shackster

lol. I think you are coming down with play station blues.. Apparently it is very contagious and you should stay home for a few days with complete isolation.. No distraction from outside forces..

post #34 of 98 Old 11-15-13, 10:14 AM
Senior Shackster

Mike

My System
My ps3 Hdmi port busted last night. Two pins on the port snapped off!!!! Ugh!!! Might have to do with the really stiff cables from monoprice I was using. I had a ps4 preordered on amazon but then cancelled it cause I didn't see the need for one just yet. Hmmmm coincidence? now that my ps3 isn't going to be able to play via HDMI (no 1080p or 3D blu ray) I may have to get a PS4........funny how ps3 breaks right when ps4 comes out!!!! I might be looking at an OPPO instead though. I don't play a lot of games and now my kids can have the ps3 in there game room to play and watch blu ray via AV multi out ( albeit at 720p/1080i) shouldn't matter at all since their tv is only 42"
post #35 of 98 Old 11-15-13, 10:31 AM
Senior Shackster

Scott

I have an Oppo 93 and its a great Blu-Ray player, plus a very good CD player and Vudu and Pandora. The PS3 is faster though for sure. I don't game either but I really like using the remote on the PS3 better than the remote for my Oppo (I used the gaming remote not the Blu-Ray remote for the PS3). I don't think you'd go wrong with either one but the PS4 would be a better media center I'd think than an Oppo. Just a thought.

Scott

I think about speakers for hours every day. I believe it is mental illness.
post #36 of 98 Old 11-15-13, 10:52 AM
Senior Shackster

Mike

My System
Quote:
skeeter99 wrote: View Post
I have an Oppo 93 and its a great Blu-Ray player, plus a very good CD player and Vudu and Pandora. The PS3 is faster though for sure. I don't game either but I really like using the remote on the PS3 better than the remote for my Oppo (I used the gaming remote not the Blu-Ray remote for the PS3). I don't think you'd go wrong with either one but the PS4 would be a better media center I'd think than an Oppo. Just a thought. Scott
very true!
post #37 of 98 Old 11-15-13, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Quote:
tripplej wrote: View Post
lol. I think you are coming down with play station blues.. Apparently it is very contagious and you should stay home for a few days with complete isolation.. No distraction from outside forces..
A few days sounds good but that wouldn't pay the bills. It's a 24 hour bug.
post #38 of 98 Old 11-15-13, 01:08 PM
Senior Shackster

Mike

I shall wait till the bugs are fixed. PS4 is off my wish list to purchase anytime soon.
post #39 of 98 Old 11-16-13, 12:11 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
I've been waiting to hear how the ps4 is ... You guys must all be in the zone right now
post #40 of 98 Old 11-16-13, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Have yet been able to sign into the PlayStation Network. Madden 25 and Battlefield 4 give me error codes when I try to load them. Not sure if it's my PS4 or the network? The games not loading properly are concerning as I know others are also having trouble logging onto PSN. A bit frustrated.