PS4 arrival close - Page 7 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #61 of 98 Old 11-19-13, 08:00 AM
Shackster

My System
Quote:
Audiohallick wrote: View Post
Is anybody having issues with getting the ps4 to output anything other than stereo through HDMI?
Nope, no issues with ps4, only having issues with bf4...

They simplifed audio setting on ps4 vs slim ps3... although i had no issues with slim ps3 audio... what are you having issues with game audio or blu's, or both?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 98 Old 11-19-13, 08:11 AM
Shackster

My System
Re: PS4 arrival close

Quote:
jamfan76 wrote: View Post
Nope, no issues with ps4, only having issues with bf4...

They simplifed audio setting on ps4 vs slim ps3... although i had no issues with slim ps3 audio... what are you having issues with game audio or blu's, or both?
Ok well I noticed that while playing Ghost on my Ps3 that it was in 7.1PCM but when I played it on Ps4 it was only 2.0PCM. So I decided to try out some blu's that I know are 7.1(DTS MA Audio/Dolbly TrueHD) and still only getting 2.0PCM. Now I do know that on my Ps3 that when doing audio setup I always had to use manual to add all the supported formats but I don't see that option on my Ps4 and the only way for me to get surround it through optical cable (max 5.1 )

Oh and I running via HDMI to my Sony STRDN2010
post #63 of 98 Old 11-19-13, 08:36 AM
Shackster

My System
Quote:
Audiohallick wrote: View Post

Ok well I noticed that while playing Ghost on my Ps3 that it was in 7.1PCM but when I played it on Ps4 it was only 2.0PCM. So I decided to try out some blu's that I know are 7.1(DTS MA Audio/Dolbly TrueHD) and still only getting 2.0PCM. Now I do know that on my Ps3 that when doing audio setup I always had to use manual to add all the supported formats but I don't see that option on my Ps4 and the only way for me to get surround it through optical cable (max 5.1 )

Oh and I running via HDMI to my Sony STRDN2010
I know when playing blu's, if you press the option button you can change the audio output to bitstream pcm/dts/dolby, so whichever you prefer... otherwise have no clue why only 2.0 for you?? Guess you can go to settings and verifiy audio out via hdmi, and choice of bitstream you which to go with, try that if you havent yet...

post #64 of 98 Old 11-19-13, 08:53 AM
Shackster

My System

Quote:
jamfan76 wrote: View Post
I know when playing blu's, if you press the option button you can change the audio output to bitstream pcm/dts/dolby, so whichever you prefer... otherwise have no clue why only 2.0 for you?? Guess you can go to settings and verifiy audio out via hdmi, and choice of bitstream you which to go with, try that if you havent yet...
I tried that and the funny thing is that it'll say its playing in 7.1 DTS master hd but thats not what receiver plays. It's just driving me crazy because I can pop the same disc in my Ps3 which is also connected via HDMI and it works just fine
post #65 of 98 Old 11-19-13, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
I need some help. I created a user account for my wife on the PS4 and I'm trying to figure out how to setup a PSN account for her. I doubt she'll ever play online but would like her to have the ability if she wants to. I have tried everything and nothing seems to work?
post #66 of 98 Old 11-19-13, 05:30 PM
Shackster

My System
Quote:
JBrax wrote: View Post
I need some help. I created a user account for my wife on the PS4 and I'm trying to figure out how to setup a PSN account for her. I doubt she'll ever play online but would like her to have the ability if she wants to. I have tried everything and nothing seems to work?
If you cant do it in the ps4, go online and do it
post #67 of 98 Old 11-19-13, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
I'm sure there's a way I'm just stuck in a loop chasing my tail here. I'll google it later. I'm sure I'm not the first to struggle with this. It just seems fairly straightforward but when I follow the steps on the screen I get nowhere.
post #68 of 98 Old 11-20-13, 07:51 AM
Elite Shackster

Question.

My tv is at one end of the room while the AV equipment (receiver, dvd payer, etc.) are on the other end. For the PS4, do I need to hook it up to the tv or can it be hooked up to the receiver?

What is the best way to hook it up in this type of scenario?
post #69 of 98 Old 11-20-13, 08:03 AM
Shackster

My System
Quote:
tripplej wrote: View Post
Question.

My tv is at one end of the room while the AV equipment (receiver, dvd payer, etc.) are on the other end. For the PS4, do I need to hook it up to the tv or can it be hooked up to the receiver?

What is the best way to hook it up in this type of scenario?
Run hdmi to receiver would work if you have open hdmi input... then let receiver output video similar to your dvd player (i'm assuming)... while also taking advantage of hdmi audio over optical audio
post #70 of 98 Old 11-20-13, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Quote:
tripplej wrote: View Post
Question. My tv is at one end of the room while the AV equipment (receiver, dvd payer, etc.) are on the other end. For the PS4, do I need to hook it up to the tv or can it be hooked up to the receiver? What is the best way to hook it up in this type of scenario?
Hook the PS4 into the receiver. I hook all of my sources into the Onkyo and then just one HDMI from the receiver to the tv. The receiver is the brain of the system.