PS4 arrival close - Page 8 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #71 of 98 Old 11-20-13, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Woke up to a firmware update (1.51) and I'd expect a flurry early on. I want my PS4 to do everything and more than my PS3 did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 98 Old 11-20-13, 10:19 AM
Shackster

My System
Quote:
JBrax wrote: View Post
Woke up to a firmware update (1.51) and I'd expect a flurry early on. I want my PS4 to do everything and more than my PS3 did.
Yeah guess i need to put ps4 in stand-by, use to turning it off....
post #73 of 98 Old 11-20-13, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
I played some Resogun last night. If you haven't checked it out it's a must and free for PS Plus members. Really fun game (intense) with some amazing audio and video. When my wife walked into the room all she said was "wow".

post #74 of 98 Old 11-20-13, 10:51 AM
Shackster

My System
Quote:
I played some Resogun last night. If you haven't checked it out it's a must and free for PS Plus members. Really fun game (intense) with some amazing audio and video. When my wife walked into the room all she said was "wow".
Yes audio is great on Resogun, not too sure what the objective of the game is, but it reminds me of Defender...

Another game with great soundtrack is nba 2k14... had to turn volume on avr below 10, since my psa xv15 was thumping!! Still felt it in the couch at low volume, just not as deep...
post #75 of 98 Old 11-20-13, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Quote:
jamfan76 wrote: View Post
Yes audio is great on Resogun, not too sure what the objective of the game is, but it reminds me of Defender... Another game with great soundtrack is nba 2k14... had to turn volume on avr below 10, since my psa xv15 was thumping!! Still felt it in the couch at low volume, just not as deep...
I think the objective is to save the humans and not get shot. Yes, I agree NBA 2K14 is excellent on all fronts also.
post #76 of 98 Old 11-20-13, 11:25 AM
Elite Shackster

Re: PS4 arrival close

Quote:
Hook the PS4 into the receiver. I hook all of my sources into the Onkyo and then just one HDMI from the receiver to the tv. The receiver is the brain of the system.
Thanks guys. So, if the hdmi goes to the receiver, how does the tv know which input to go to see the ps4?

or is there one cable that I need to buy that goes from the receiver to the tv for the video input?
post #77 of 98 Old 11-20-13, 11:40 AM
Senior Shackster

Mike

My System
Quote:
tripplej wrote: View Post
Thanks guys. So, if the hdmi goes to the receiver, how does the tv know which input to go to see the ps4? or is there one cable that I need to buy that goes from the receiver to the tv for the video input?
one cable from receiver to tv. Hdmi out or sometimes called monitor out from receiver to the TV and whatever source you have the ps4 plugged into on receiver, blu-ray input on mine with ps3, then switch input to blu-ray on receiver and it will send video signal to tv
post #78 of 98 Old 11-20-13, 12:45 PM
Elite Shackster

Great thanks once again. Since the receiver has multiple HDMI inputs, I can just hook up any component such as PS4 or another DVD player or something else and that would be sufficient to that receiver and with that one long cable that I have going from the receiver to the tv, the tv will get the signal.

I am good now. thanks.
post #79 of 98 Old 12-02-13, 08:44 AM
Shackster

My System

Ok so I've called Sony looking for help and still have no answers regarding how to get 7.1 surround sound to work. I'm thinking maybe my receiver may be too old. So if it's not a bother, can any of you running a 7.1 setup just tell me what receiver you're using.
post #80 of 98 Old 12-02-13, 06:51 PM
Shackster

Shane

My System

Quote:
Audiohallick wrote: View Post
Ok so I've called Sony looking for help and still have no answers regarding how to get 7.1 surround sound to work. I'm thinking maybe my receiver may be too old. So if it's not a bother, can any of you running a 7.1 setup just tell me what receiver you're using.
Need more info,

How is your PS4 connected to the receiver? How do you know that you aren't getting 7.1? Do you have the PS4 audio configured for PCM via HDMI?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.