Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/)
-   Video Game Systems | Video Games (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/video-game-systems-video-games/)
-   -   Ps4 (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/video-game-systems-video-games/65740-ps4.html)

JQueen 02-20-13 06:54 PM

Ps4

I'm interested to see what this new Ps4 will have to offer and the price tag that will come with it. I would like to get one because they offer the Sunday ticket so that's a +

phillihp23 02-20-13 07:09 PM

Re: Ps4

It appears to have a better memory and processor but as for the rest I am still not impressed yet. Social media and gaming??? Not what I'm looking for. Show me 4K movie streaming access and maybe I will consider. PS3 compatible, no....big negative.

JQueen 02-20-13 07:19 PM

Quote:

phillihp23 wrote: (Post 592592)
It appears to have a better memory and processor but as for the rest I am still not impressed yet. Social media and gaming??? Not what I'm looking for. Show me 4K movie streaming access and maybe I will consider. PS3 compatible, no....big negative.

I agree I'm not interested in the social media part

JBrax 02-20-13 07:36 PM

221 Attachment(s)
Just read $430/$530 offering two different platforms. Only rumor at this point though.

tripplej 02-21-13 05:54 AM

no mention of 4K.. Availability during xmas holidays.. Wonder why they didn't show the actual console?

steve1616 02-21-13 10:07 AM

It looks to me like it will be very compatible with the previous playstations. It is just that you will have to use cloud services to do so. I am assuming Gaikai is going to be free, but I could be wrong. I was kind of hoping for a bigger increase in graphics, but I understand that it costs a lot of money to do that. I will probably wait for the system to drop into the 300-400 price range. I got my first playstation free with the tv I bought, and now I am hooked. I haven't played in quite some time because the games I play make you lose your life. It is sad when you are going to work all day and then play modern warfare at night when I should be sleeping.

mpompey 02-21-13 10:44 AM

I bought my PS3 last year, and I still have a ton of PS3 titles to play through, before I migrate over to a PS4 that is not compatible with the PS3. Or if they do offer backwards compatibility, it will probably have an expiration date like the PS3 did with the PS2 titles.

RIPOFF! But I'm sure the next Xbox will do the same thing.

JQueen 02-21-13 10:45 AM

Quote:

mpompey wrote: (Post 592778)
I bought my PS3 last year, and I still have a ton of PS3 titles to play through, before I migrate over to a PS4 that is not compatible with the PS3. Or if they do offer backwards compatibility, it will probably have an expiration date like the PS3 did with the PS2 titles.

RIPOFF! But I'm sure the next Xbox will do the same thing.

From what I'm reading it looks like the ps3 games will be compatible

tripplej 02-21-13 03:00 PM

PS3 is compatible so no worries for older pS3 games! :)

JBrax 02-21-13 03:51 PM

221 Attachment(s)
Quote:

JQueen wrote: (Post 592780)

From what I'm reading it looks like the ps3 games will be compatible

From their cloud service yes but the physical disc no. That's what I read anyway.