Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/)
-   Video Game Systems | Video Games (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/video-game-systems-video-games/)
-   -   PS4 arrival close (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/video-game-systems-video-games/70610-ps4-arrival-close.html)

JBrax 10-27-13 07:24 AM

PS4 arrival close
 

221 Attachment(s)
Anybody else getting excited for their PS4 to show up? We're less than 3 weeks (19 days) away from getting our new toys and I can't wait! I'm a little disappointed by some of the titles being pushed back but what can you do? It seems every title I wanted to get for the wife has been pushed back and I was really hoping she would have something on launch day to play. I'll have Killzone, Call of Duty, and Madden for release day. Watchdogs, Thief, and The Order:1886 on preorder although I'm not sure I gain anything by preordering them? Anybody else getting excited? :)

ElectronicTonic 10-29-13 01:22 PM

Re: PS4 arrival close
 

It hasn't really sunk in yet. I'm sure it will hit me soon though. I didn't pre-order any games yet, waiting on some reviews to come in.

JBrax 10-29-13 05:18 PM

221 Attachment(s)
I received my PS4 controller today. Woo Hoo!

ElectronicTonic 10-29-13 05:28 PM

Quote:

JBrax wrote: (Post 649662)
I received my PS4 controller today. Woo Hoo!

Nice!

How does it compare to the DS3?

JBrax 10-29-13 05:43 PM

221 Attachment(s)
Quote:

ElectronicTonic wrote: (Post 649665)
Nice! How does it compare to the DS3?

It feels much better in the hand. Everything seems to be tighter. I like it.

JQueen 10-29-13 05:46 PM

I just watched a demo of watchdogs on YouTube game looks like a lot of fun

JBrax 10-29-13 05:48 PM

221 Attachment(s)
Quote:

JQueen wrote: (Post 649670)
I just watched a demo of watchdogs on YouTube game looks like a lot of fun

Yes it does and my wife and I were very excited to get it on release day. Unfortunately it was one of the games that's being delayed. Pretty bummed about that. :(

ElectronicTonic 10-29-13 05:51 PM

Quote:

JBrax wrote: (Post 649667)
It feels much better in the hand. Everything seems to be tighter. I like it.

Sweet! That's one thing I dislike about the PS3, is the controller.

JQueen 10-29-13 05:51 PM

I don't remember but will ps4 members be able to play online with ps3 players? Same with the 360 and one ?

JBrax 10-29-13 06:01 PM

221 Attachment(s)
Quote:

JQueen wrote: (Post 649674)
I don't remember but will ps4 members be able to play online with ps3 players? Same with the 360 and one ?

I wouldn't think so? Can M$ players play one and 360 together?

pddufrene 10-30-13 04:33 AM

I wish I was getting my ps4 on the release date! But no! Santa Claus is bringing it instead. I guess I can look on the bright side there will be more games for me to choose from by that point.

tripplej 11-07-13 08:51 AM

Re: PS4 arrival close
 

Hi guys, quick question.

every time I see the PS4 picture, the console is standing up (vertical) .. Do you have to keep it that way?

Or, can it be put flat? Meaning horizontal on the table? Which is the preferred position?

JBrax 11-07-13 09:14 AM

221 Attachment(s)
Quote:

tripplej wrote: (Post 651750)
Hi guys, quick question. every time I see the PS4 picture, it is standing up (vertical) .. Do you have to keep it that way? Or, can it be put flat? Meaning horizontal on the table? Which is the preferred position?

It can lay rest in either position but horizontally is best.

tripplej 11-07-13 09:19 AM

Re: PS4 arrival close
 

Great. I was concerned since if the console had to be standing (vertical) I would need more space to allocate for it. :)

By having it lay flat (horizontal), the spacing is much easier to accommodate. :)

Mike Edwards 11-07-13 10:27 AM

Re: PS4 arrival close
 

I'll be waiting till I can get mine at costco.. their return policy is a must for getting a new game system. especially after the debacle that was the RROD on the 360.

JBrax 11-08-13 06:53 AM

221 Attachment(s)
We are officially one week away and I'm having trouble containing my excitement! I have the extra DS4 and COD Ghosts sitting on my media rack staring at me everyday. For those interested Warframe is a free download for the PS4 and you can reserve the free copy now on your PS3 through the PlayStation store. Doing this before November 12th will provide some extra perks for when you receive your PS4. A special PlayStation skin for your gun and 20,000 tokens to give you a leg up on the completion.

JBrax 11-08-13 06:54 AM

221 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE="JBrax;651983"]We are officially one week away and I'm having trouble containing my excitement! I have the extra DS4 and COD Ghosts sitting on my media rack staring at me everyday. For those interested Warframe is a free download for the PS4 and you can reserve the free copy now on your PS3 through the PlayStation store. Doing this before November 12th will provide some extra perks for when you receive your PS4. A special PlayStation skin for your gun and 20,000 tokens to give you a leg up on the competition.

JBrax 11-09-13 12:07 AM

221 Attachment(s)
So nobody else is excited? Really? :(

pddufrene 11-09-13 02:08 AM

Quote:

JBrax wrote: (Post 652214)
So nobody else is excited? Really? :(

Nope! Your the only one! Lol, I think we're all excited. Your just the vocal one out the bunch. Lol

Mike Edwards 11-09-13 02:14 AM

Re: PS4 arrival close
 

I'm really intrigued out the "extinction" mode for COD Ghosts is compared to the Zombies mode of black ops I and II... (which I play with a buddy religiously)

JBrax 11-09-13 03:16 AM

221 Attachment(s)
Quote:

pddufrene wrote: (Post 652227)
Nope! Your the only one! Lol, I think we're all excited. Your just the vocal one out the bunch. Lol

It's like trying to high five or fist bump but there's nobody else around. It is a forum for discussion. :)

JBrax 11-09-13 03:18 AM

221 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Mike Edwards wrote: (Post 652228)
I'm really intrigued out the "extinction" mode for COD Ghosts is compared to the Zombies mode of black ops I and II... (which I play with a buddy religiously)

I've read mixed reviews on the PS4 version. It seems people either love it or hate it. I'm very intrigued by some of the different play modes.

JBrax 11-10-13 02:51 PM

221 Attachment(s)
I just got an email from Amazon for a free PS4 game for multiple games ordered. Entered the provided code and Assassins Creed IV is free of charge! $59.99 and not a penny spent from my account. Thank you Amazon! I feel like a kid at Christmas.

tripplej 11-11-13 06:04 AM

Re: PS4 arrival close
 

I got the same mail for the "buy 2 get 1 free" but it says the promotion starts 11/12.. Can you order early? Would the promo work?

lot of games in the list.

- Angry Birds: Star Wars - PlayStation 4
- Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag - PlayStation 4
- Battlefield 4 - PlayStation 4
- Call of Duty: Ghosts - PlayStation 4
- FIFA 14 - PlayStation 4
- Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition
- Just Dance 2014 - PlayStation 4
- Killzone: Shadow Fall (PlayStation 4)
- Knack (PlayStation 4)
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - PlayStation 4
- Madden NFL 25 - PlayStation 4
- NBA 2K14 - PlayStation 4
- Need for Speed Rivals
- Skylanders SWAP Force - PlayStation 4

Please note: Call of Duty: Ghosts and Skylanders Swap Force Starter Packs are sold separately at the full price.

JBrax 11-11-13 06:35 AM

221 Attachment(s)
I believe this is Amazons counter to Target offering a buy 2 get 1 free. If you had games on preorder before a certain date you qualify now. Everyone else will get the offer I believe on the 12th. Regardless Amazon continues to excel with customer service. I love doing business with Amazon.

JBrax 11-12-13 03:04 PM

221 Attachment(s)
Don't forget today at Target they're offering buy 2 get 1 free. Just picked up Battlefield 4, NBA 2K14, and FIFA. I've never been into or played soccer games but I'm running out of titles. I'm done for awhile. :)

skeeter99 11-12-13 03:17 PM

Re: PS4 arrival close
 

Question about this VS the PS3. I just recently had my Fat one die and was thinking about getting it fixed (knowing it'll eventually fail again) or getting a PS4. WRT the games I have both downloaded and have the physical media for along with their progress, will all be lost or is the Playstation Network similar to smart devices (iTunes, etc) where it keeps your progress and purchases in the cloud in case the device dies or you have to get a new one? We loved the PS3 but don't want to lose progress as well as downloaded games.

Thanks!

Scott

JBrax 11-12-13 03:26 PM

221 Attachment(s)
You won't be able to play your PS3 titles on the new PS4 so yes you would be starting over. As far as getting your original PS3 fixed I would think you'll be able to find some pretty good deals on used PS3's and that might be the cheaper route to take. Many people making the upgrade will be unloading PS3's and all of their games.

skeeter99 11-12-13 03:28 PM

Re: PS4 arrival close
 

That's what I thought, lame. So for downloaded content/games/progress on my current PS3, if I bought a newer one (Slim ones are the good ones right?) I could re-download my games and progress when I log into the Playstation Network?

I don't mean to derail the thread, I can start a new one if necessary.

JBrax 11-12-13 03:35 PM

221 Attachment(s)
I know all of your trophy info is stored on the PSN but not sure about the game saves progress? If not you should be able to transfer the info from the original PS3 HDD to the new PS3 HDD. As far as which version of the PS3 is best I think the newer ones are smaller, quieter, and run cooler.

tripplej 11-15-13 09:04 AM

Re: PS4 arrival close
 

Who was lucky enough to get the Play Station 4 today? Any issues?

I read some news that some hdmi ports were not working properly but that was on some units sent to some review sites.. Not sure if that was seen for the general public thou.

JBrax 11-15-13 09:27 AM

221 Attachment(s)
Quote:

tripplej wrote: (Post 653855)
Who was lucky enough to get the Play Station 4 today? Any issues? I read some news that some hdmi ports were not working properly but that was on some units sent to some review sites.. Not sure if that was seen for the general public thou.

Mine is on a UPS truck and scheduled for delivery by 8pm. From what I've read they're having serious network problems and many people aren't able to play multiplayer with the FPS titles. I hope they get it figured out soon because I'm feeling sick and not sure I'll be making it into work tonight! :)

tripplej 11-15-13 09:43 AM

Re: PS4 arrival close
 

lol. I think you are coming down with play station blues.. Apparently it is very contagious and you should stay home for a few days with complete isolation.. No distraction from outside forces.. :sn:

Mike0206 11-15-13 10:14 AM

My ps3 Hdmi port busted last night. Two pins on the port snapped off!!!! Ugh!!! Might have to do with the really stiff cables from monoprice I was using. I had a ps4 preordered on amazon but then cancelled it cause I didn't see the need for one just yet. Hmmmm coincidence? now that my ps3 isn't going to be able to play via HDMI (no 1080p or 3D blu ray) I may have to get a PS4........funny how ps3 breaks right when ps4 comes out!!!! I might be looking at an OPPO instead though. I don't play a lot of games and now my kids can have the ps3 in there game room to play and watch blu ray via AV multi out ( albeit at 720p/1080i) shouldn't matter at all since their tv is only 42"

skeeter99 11-15-13 10:31 AM

Re: PS4 arrival close
 

I have an Oppo 93 and its a great Blu-Ray player, plus a very good CD player and Vudu and Pandora. The PS3 is faster though for sure. I don't game either but I really like using the remote on the PS3 better than the remote for my Oppo (I used the gaming remote not the Blu-Ray remote for the PS3). I don't think you'd go wrong with either one but the PS4 would be a better media center I'd think than an Oppo. Just a thought.

Scott

Mike0206 11-15-13 10:52 AM

Quote:

skeeter99 wrote: (Post 653887)
I have an Oppo 93 and its a great Blu-Ray player, plus a very good CD player and Vudu and Pandora. The PS3 is faster though for sure. I don't game either but I really like using the remote on the PS3 better than the remote for my Oppo (I used the gaming remote not the Blu-Ray remote for the PS3). I don't think you'd go wrong with either one but the PS4 would be a better media center I'd think than an Oppo. Just a thought. Scott

very true!

JBrax 11-15-13 11:08 AM

221 Attachment(s)
Quote:

tripplej wrote: (Post 653879)
lol. I think you are coming down with play station blues.. Apparently it is very contagious and you should stay home for a few days with complete isolation.. No distraction from outside forces.. :sn:

A few days sounds good but that wouldn't pay the bills. It's a 24 hour bug. :)

Picture_Shooter 11-15-13 01:08 PM

Re: PS4 arrival close
 

I shall wait till the bugs are fixed. PS4 is off my wish list to purchase anytime soon. :)

JQueen 11-16-13 12:11 PM

I've been waiting to hear how the ps4 is ... You guys must all be in the zone right now

JBrax 11-16-13 12:21 PM

221 Attachment(s)
Have yet been able to sign into the PlayStation Network. Madden 25 and Battlefield 4 give me error codes when I try to load them. Not sure if it's my PS4 or the network? The games not loading properly are concerning as I know others are also having trouble logging onto PSN. A bit frustrated.

JQueen 11-16-13 12:24 PM

Quote:

JBrax wrote: (Post 654205)
Have yet been able to sign into the PlayStation Network. Madden 25 and Battlefield 4 give me error codes when I try to load them. Not sure if it's my PS4 or the network? The games not loading properly are concerning as I know others are also having trouble logging onto PSN. A bit frustrated.

Yikes maybe it's a system overload... But that stinks you spend X amount of money and can't even play.. I got the approval from the wife but I'm going to wait a little longer

JBrax 11-16-13 12:29 PM

221 Attachment(s)
Quote:

JQueen wrote: (Post 654206)
Yikes maybe it's a system overload... But that stinks you spend X amount of money and can't even play.. I got the approval from the wife but I'm going to wait a little longer

Other than the two that won't load I can play single player and campaigns just not the online multiplayer. I like playing online the most so that's the reason for my frustration. It seems some are able to while others can't. I don't understand it but I almost wish I had waited. I like my toys to work.

JQueen 11-16-13 12:36 PM

Quote:

JBrax wrote: (Post 654208)
Other than the two that won't load I can play single player and campaigns just not the online multiplayer. I like playing online the most so that's the reason for my frustration. It seems some are able to while others can't. I don't understand it but I almost wish I had waited. I like my toys to work.

I'm the same way I enjoy the multiplayer.. Does the ps4 support nfl Sunday package

JBrax 11-16-13 12:51 PM

221 Attachment(s)
No, I don't believe so.

JBrax 11-16-13 03:44 PM

221 Attachment(s)
No, I don't believe so.

JBrax 11-16-13 03:46 PM

221 Attachment(s)
Quote:

JQueen wrote: (Post 654213)
I'm the same way I enjoy the multiplayer.. Does the ps4 support nfl Sunday package

No I don't believe so. I now have my system up and running as it should be. Able to log on to PSN and all games now loading properly. I had to force the PS4 into safe mode and reboot. Not sure why but all is good now. Very impressive after the heartache.

JQueen 11-16-13 03:48 PM

Good to hear!! I read something about playstation charging online now?

JBrax 11-16-13 04:04 PM

221 Attachment(s)
Yes, it's no longer free but Microsoft players have been paying for years. I just got a promo from Amazon for a free years subscription to PS +. I love Amazon!

ElectronicTonic 11-17-13 02:12 AM

Re: PS4 arrival close
 

I haven't had much time with mine yet, so still not sure. I am liking what I'm seeing so far though.

This past Fri. was exciting.........
My Amazon PS4 was DOA, wouldn't output a signal. I had a funeral, put it back in the box, printed out the return label and ran over to Costco. I got lucky and picked up one of their last PS4s. I'll have more time later this week to test out the blu-ray playback.(no 3D playback yet, but I'll test good 'ol 2D):cool:

JBrax 11-17-13 02:54 AM

221 Attachment(s)
Quote:

ElectronicTonic wrote: (Post 654379)
I haven't had much time with mine yet, so still not sure. I am liking what I'm seeing so far though. This past Fri. was exciting......... My Amazon PS4 was DOA, wouldn't output a signal. I had a funeral, put it back in the box, printed out the return label and ran over to Costco. I got lucky and picked up one of their last PS4s. I'll have more time later this week to test out the blu-ray playback.(no 3D playback yet, but I'll test good 'ol 2D):cool:

Yeah seems as though there have been some launch day blues. I wasn't able to log onto the PSN for the first 36 hours or so. That was pretty frustrating to say the least. I had to put mine into safe mode and then re-initialize as well as re-install the firmware update. After that it's been smooth sailing and really loving it. It does great with Blu -ray playback and load times seem faster than the PS3. Did you try switching out HDMI cables because I know that seems to have cured some others problem with the same problem you had. Others also found bent prongs as being a culprit but sounds like you've moved on already.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright ©2006 - 2019, Home Theater Shack, LLC.


vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 


For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome