XTZ 99 W16.10 Subwoofer Discussion Thread - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 5 Old 02-26-13, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

Jim

My System
XTZ 99 W16.10 Subwoofer Discussion Thread

XTZ 99 W10.16 Subwoofer

By Jim Wilson (theJman)

So what's the bottom line? Put it this way; the XTZ 99 W10.16 is the fifth subwoofer I've tested, and it's the first one I'm keeping. Aside from a few minor complaints about things like feet that could be a little more sturdy, or bargain bin toggle switches, virtually everything else about this subwoofer is top notch. From a construction standpoint it exudes quality and heft, the sound is excellent and the configuration options are perhaps unsurpassed for this price range. Based upon my exposure to this sub I'd say there's another excellent ID company to choose from. XTZ deserves strong consideration from anyone looking for a quality product that delivers exemplary sound. This subwoofer is a winner in my book.

For the full review Click Here

-Jim

If you take yourself too seriously, expect me to do the exact opposite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-27-13, 09:42 AM
MJE
Shackster

MJE

My System
XTZ 99 W16.10 Subwoofer Discussion Thread

Yeah I agree, it's a great sounding sub. Btw, have you seen the Sub Amp 1 DSP? This unit can easily be hooked up to any passive sub or replace an amp in an active sub....this is no joke anymore this is for real!! This gives you a moo baby moo of a sub
post #3 of 5 Old 02-27-13, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

Jim

My System
Re: XTZ 99 W16.10 Subwoofer Review

Quote:
MJE wrote: View Post
Yeah I agree, it's a great sounding sub. Btw, have you seen the Sub Amp 1 DSP? This unit can easily be hooked up to any passive sub or replace an amp in an active sub....this is no joke anymore this is for real!! This gives you a moo baby moo of a sub
I have seen the sub amps on their website, but not in person. I know XTZ has a wide variety of products, and if they're all as nice as the subwoofers are then it's a shame not more people in the US know of them.

-Jim

post #4 of 5 Old 02-27-13, 11:48 AM
Elite Shackster

Joe

My System

As always Jim - review well done!

I think it speaks volumes for this sub that you are keeping it - given the number of subs you have reviewed, that is quite a statement.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #5 of 5 Old 02-27-13, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

Jim

My System

It's funny you should mention that... I just sold my XTZ sub this week.

I owned three subs, but at this point I never have the opportunity to use any of them. I go from one review to the next now, and my subs are just gathering dust. Every so often I would drag them out and use one for a day or two, just to make sure it was still working, but that was about it. After deliberating for a while I finally came to the conclusion that I wasn't going to use them in the foreseeable future, so it was time to part ways.

I'm also selling my Simply Sound Audio Rumba 12, another little gem that few have heard of. The only one I'm keeping is the unit I helped design -- the EbenLee ELA4, one in a series of three different models -- because it would be heresy to unload my own creation.

-Jim