Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

▪ ▪ Subwoofer Database Addition Suggestions and Discussion Thread

20K views 30 replies 15 participants last post by  BoomieMCT 
#1 ·
Mike P. had created a Subwoofer Database thread so that it will easier to locate threads here at Home Theater Shack that reference the various DIY Subwoofer build projects.

This thread here will be for submitting additions to that thread and will also serve as the discussion thread for the database thread. This will keep the database thread clean and organized.

If you would like to submit a suggestion, include the following:

• Driver brand, model number and size.
  • Enclosure volume in liters and cubic feet.
  • Tuning frequency.
  • Link to your build thread (at Home Theater Shack only).

Your suggestions will be reviewed and added to the database as soon as possible.

Thanks!

#2 ·
Re: Subwoofer Database Addition Suggestions and Discussion Thread

Here is a bunch of Dayton builds;

Sub Puppies: Dayton 12" Titanic Mark III, 45 L (1.6 cubic feet) sealed, 33.8Hz box tune

Dipole Sub, Dual Dayton Clearance 12" drivers (works well with Elemental Designs EHQS-12s too), n/a, n/a

Budget Stubby Sonosub, Dayton SD315-88 12" SHIELDED DVC, 127 L (4.5 cubic feet), 26.5 Hz box tune

#14 ·

As far as I can tell I've completed the database. If I missed anyone please post a link here and it will be added. Thanks.
Looks good. Now someone should make a speaker database <puts finger on nose and says "not it">!

#17 ·

Is this for finished projects only?
If so, how about an 'ongoing builds' thread at least? The finished projects often have information that is obsolete. Ongoing projects tend to be 'fresher'...

#19 ·

Builds that are not yet complete, as in 'ongoing'. They are often 'fresher', any prices, suppliers and solutions are often of a newer date than completed builds in which information can be years old.

One example is my build

#20 ·

Ok, I see what you mean. The intention of the database is to give people an idea as to what is possible with a specific sub as to box size, tuning etc. The SoundSplinter RL-p18, for example, has builds ranging from 7.7 cu. ft. to 26.8 cu. ft. Anyone who wants to use a RL-p18 can look at the database and see what others have done. As for "ongoing builds", if a thread has a "design" selected and pics of the build, it will be added to the database.

#21 ·

Both of those posts on my sub are actually the same. they have slightly different values as in the larger one i dident take in consideration of the port and bracing in the volume, and the tune should have been 14 on both.

Thanks for the awesome list!

#23 · (Edited)

Here's the build for my first and only home-theater specific subwoofer. It housed a Dayton Quatro 15" for the first five years, now it houses a Exodus Tempest-X:

http://www.hometheatershack.com/for...55-emerald-titan-build-thread.html#post133372

Edit: Oops, forgot the detailed specs:

1st build: Dayton Quatro 15" QT385-4, 275 liters/9.71 cubic feet, 11Hz,
2nd build: Exodus Tempest-X (first build), 275 liters, 12Hz

Note: added about 50% polyester stuffing for the Tempest-X, in attempt to increase apparent enclosure volume. Can't really say what the actual apparent volume is, but I was hoping for at least 300 liters/10.6 cubic feet.

#24 ·
#28 ·

Hi Mike,

Why are the Exodus, CSS, and Fi builds excluded from the database? I realize they have their own forums there is no build database in those forums. The database is very handy, BTW. Thanks,

-V

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.