Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im helping a friend of mine with his HT. He was asking me what to do about getting more low frequency information without adding more subs. My suggestion was to consider the Aura Bassshaker. He has authentic theater seats (similar to my own) and would mount one to each seat. The receiver is a Pioneer SC-57 which is a 9.1 channel model. This would mean that he would need to use the same output signal for the Aura Bassshakers as he is for his subwoofer.

Will using the same channel be an issue?
Are the Aura Bassshakers capable of adding genuine low frequency effects?

Thanks,

· Registered
1,660 Posts
Will using the same channel be an issue?
Are the Aura Bassshakers capable of adding genuine low frequency effects?

Thanks,
Nope, a simple splitter works fine for me and shouldnt be an issue for your friend. Nope, genuine low frequency effects are reproduction of genuine low frequency sound waves, a shaker is tactile only and does not create sound waves by design.

To help a little more heres what genuine low frequency sound waves (and the resulting change in pressure) do in my room, a shaker might shake your curtain rods but WONT pull your curtains out from the wall:

· Registered
87 Posts
I haven't used auras, but I once had a clark TST. I thought it was a great way to add visceral impact without upping SPL. I found the effect very convincing. You can use the same output, but, if the crossover is set high, you'll get unwanted vibration. The ideal set up is to have all speakers run full range, so the TST is truly getting only LFE signal. Barring that, you'll need to find a very low, low pass crossover. Preferably 45-50hz with a steep slope. Otherwise you'll feel Darth Vader's voice in your butt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.