Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to get the internet from a 10' satellite dish? I know you used to be able to get live tv feeds on a 10' dish before the small dish companies became popular. I am also assuming that the cable companies are using the large dishes they have for their internet..am I wrong?

·
Premium Member
5,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't see why it wouldnt... We are using a Internet provider now that uses mini Satellite dishes. The advantage to a larger dish is less rain fade, and I would think the signal would be stronger than a 12" dish.

It turns out we got a different house, and will have cable internet, and tv.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not sure if links work for new members but in case you don't watch Linus Tech Tips they did a video on ubiquiti's solution for long distance Wi-Fi which is line of sight as far as I can tell.

Heres the first video from LTT :

And the second time they tried it longer distances, skip to about 15:00 they had many dilemmas because of poor planning. : https://youtu.be/lYJFwXw1ZIc?t=15m

In case links dont work for whatever reason the first video is called "Long Distance Wi-Fi (Up to 25 KILOMETER range!?)" and the second is called "12 KILOMETER Wi-Fi - SUCCESS!!!"

Sorry if it's not what you wanted. Either way, cool technology.

-MB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts