Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Yeah, those were interesting times. Lol
I'm gonna pile on tontos comments about sonosubs. I have an SVS cylinder, and a sono I built myself. Sonosub design software is free, as is winisd. Calculating is quick and easy. The place I got my tube from cut it to length. You may even find someone to cut the baffles. Then you just need ports, driver,amp and fiberglass. Parts express.com for ports and trim. That's an SVS SB2000 in between them.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Yeah, those were interesting times. Lol
I'm gonna pile on tontos comments about sonosubs. I have an SVS cylinder, and a sono I built myself. Sonosub design software is free, as is winisd. Calculating is quick and easy. The place I got my tube from cut it to length. You may even find someone to cut the baffles. Then you just need ports, driver,amp and fiberglass. Parts express.com for ports and trim. That's an SVS SB2000 in between them.
Feel free to plié away.

The SVS site lists a place in BKK as a source, just sent them an email.
Wooden baffles I can cut myself. Fiberglass for reinforcement?
I'd need sizing for amp, driver and whatever else is needed.
Parts express ....I'll have a look there as well.

Found winisid as well.

Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
My theater room is a little larger than yours. I am using the 2 Dayton 18" sealed sub kits from PE with inuke 3000 to run each sub. More than happy with the results of 2 diy subs. Only have about $650 in each sub setup.

I went from 4 velodyne cht10s to 1 diy 18" Dayton (then added a second) and was amazed at the improvement. I think 2 kits from PE would surprise you.

1 long weekend of construction and a little tweaking and you are in business.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks for the input.....

In the end I went with 2 SVS 13.5 Dynamo's, front stage mounted as recommended by Ed.
DIY kits would have been nice but I'm in Thailand and added costs from material sourcing and shipping dictated off the shelf.
Both the Martin Logan 15's and the SVS's actually cost less here than in the states and , in the end, the SVS's are actually quite extraordinary.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts