Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:yay2: just finished a pair of subs using PE's 12 inch audiopulse/tc sounds buy out subs
and AE 18 inch PR18-1600 passives
they are enclosed in a 4.5cf box minus the drivers and bracing yields roughly 3.9 cf
the enclosure is 1.5 inches thick....made of of 2 layers, first is 3/4 inch plywood, outer layer is 3/4 inch mdf which gave a very solid enclosure

it is tuned to 20-21 hz, mass added was around 440 grams , heres some pics of what i modeled on unibox and of the enclosure

PR Response tc epic 12.gif

PR Excursion tc epic 12.gif

PR Step Response tc epic 12.gif

Picture 19264.jpg

Picture 19256.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
heres some more pics of the passive......i used a steel slug that fit perfectly in the passive tube, i used gorilla glue on the slugs

Picture 19258.jpg

Picture 19259.jpg

Picture 19281.jpg

Picture 19282.jpg

·
Registered
472 Posts
Great lookin cabinets nip:T,must be nice having a spray booth.Good choice using the SpeakOn's they are great connectors.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Those are a pair of very impressive subwoofers! Great job on the cabinet and finish. I don't want to imagine how heavy those are. It always looks odd to me to see a passive radiator so much larger than the active driver. I never see that in commercial units - they're always the same size, and usually just a single, though you sometimes see dual PRs. I'm sure having more radiator available is better. I bet they sound great!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the drivers are TC Sounds 12" DVC Subwoofer 2 Ohm buy out from parts express......its equivalent to the Audiopulse Epic EPD212, they were on sale for 129, these 2 had the titanium cones
the passives are from AE.......PR18-1600

1 - 9 of 9 Posts