Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pictures of my latest project. It won't go as deep as some LLT designs I have seen but I have limited space and power. It's a big step up from the 8" band pass I was using.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The driver is an infinity reference 1262w and I'm running it with my 20 yr old 2 channel pioneer SX-205 receiver. It's rated at 100w per channel. It's enough to make my wife complain about it :rant: :bigsmile:. A new amp and Dayton audio ultimax 12" may be a future upgrade.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was going to just cut 45's but I borrowed a router. I now own four router bits without a router ? It took me about two weeks working on it in my free time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Exactly. I just returned a load of tools to my parents yesterday. They wanted me to keep it all so they wouldn't have to store it :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The crown definitely reproduces the lowest frequencies better. Now a high pass filter is in order. Minidsp for Christmas :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, Santa brought me an early present. A Dayton Audio RSS390HF-4 15" that will be going in a sealed box to reproduce the notes the horn can't. I'll use a minidsp to split out the signal to each channel/sub. And I can't have mismatched speakers in the living room so a Dayton Audio RSS315HF-4 12" is replacing the Infinity in the horn :) I'll have to take some pics in a couple of weeks when it's all done.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The new dayton 12" is in. Seems like it has better low end response and is definitely higher quality.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dbdynamixaudio.com has an online spreadsheet. It looks like their design is for car audio and I added extra bracing for a vertical orientation. The infinity and dayton subs parameters were close enough for the same box design.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you. I'm getting anxious to get the next box built. I have the wood cut out now and I'll have two days before Christmas that my wife works and I don't to finish it. Work on the box in peace :bigsmile:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts