Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
120" or 133" fixed screen, what should I buy?? Sony 55ES projector, on a Dragonfly or SI Slate screen. HT 25'x15'x9' part of a 64'x15'x9' rec room. Controlled ambient light for movies (black pit) and controlled recess lighting for DirecTV sports while playing pool, shuffleboard or air hockey. Why not the 133" vice the 120"??

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
120" or 133" fixed screen, what should I buy?? Sony 55ES projector, on a Dragonfly or SI Slate screen. HT 25'x15'x9' part of a 64'x15'x9' rec room. Controlled ambient light for movies (black pit) and controlled recess lighting for DirecTV sports while playing pool, shuffleboard or air hockey. Why not the 133" vice the 120"??
Myself... I will always go for the biggest screen I can fit in the room with speakers. I am currently on my 5th screen. Each time I have moved bigger. This time I decided to just go with the biggest one I can fit in the room even though I can't fill the whole screen. My reasoning is that as technology improves projectors keep getting better where screens are not changing with time like projectors. If you go with the biggest one you can fit, install your projector... You can then adjust the projector to whatever size you like and mask off the rest of the screen. If down the road you see a projector you would rather have that can go even bigger you don't have to spend money on a new screen... Just remove the masking panels and alter them to the new desired size.:T Not to mention a wider black frame tends to make the image look even better if you don't have a black wall.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I went with 119 inch screen with the 55ES because my ceilings are 7 1/2 feet ... I probably would've gone bigger if I could have but I'm estatic with my selection

1 - 4 of 4 Posts