Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some build pics from the build I did. I'll have to update them because I've since painted the inside of the ports red, and cleaned them up to not look dusty lol.
Each box with driver is 220lbs and I can max out my spl meter with over 126db + at seating pos.
Everyone that has heard them is absoutly blow away, which of course makes it all worth while! :)
Next purchase will be a bfd and in spring I will be giving a pair in sealed and PR setups to see what I like best.
They are pretty good with music but the house I'm in now and the size of theboxes limits my placement to, ummmm 1 place lol. But I built them for HT not music and they are monsters!!! :R

I must say, they are straight as arrows! I'm pretty impressed I actually took the time to make them nicey! also the port system turned out sweet!!!

Also the last pic is it beside my only servo I have left lol it looks like a pip squeak next to the monster!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The boxes are 24Wx32Hx40L. It's tuned to 16.5hz. I've never had even a whisper of port noise even at the highest levels. This was my first build for really anything with wood, I'm happy with everything but the finish. I used some bed liner I got from a supplier for free to try out (to see if our shop would use it), but the dummy forgot to give me the proper reducer for the liner, resulting in a more much "textured" look than I had wanted. They took 3 days to dry and Well lest just say, that supplier was in my bad books for a quite while lol.

But I'm planning on making a bit smaller boxes anyways so I'm over it now :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Very impressive, and very huge! I do like green, but not that exact shade, and so I can see red looking better on the ports - plus it matches the woofer. :T So the pipe came in that color? I don't think I've ever seen anything other than black or white in stores around here.

No matter how many times I see it, I'm always amused when a subwoofer makes a couch look small - much less two of them. That means you too, Mike P. :rofl2:

·
Registered
162 Posts
So the pipe came in that color? I don't think I've ever seen anything other than black or white in stores around here.
That green pipe is the best, I wish I had some when I started. I think it is PVC water line like in a subdivision, made to take 100 psi or so? :hiya:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Great Job, They must really hit hard.:T

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yuppers the pipe is Home Depot 4 inch sewer pipe. It's nice and thin and much better than the pvc pipe I was going to use.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Wow! That HT room must be fully pressurized when those Mach 5s start to hit. That looks like a lot of power for that room.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts