Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally found a driver that is capable of giving me very low extension with serious amounts of power, and all that in small enclosure thus trying to compete with the commercial subwoofers, if that possible, my next sub :bigsmile:.

The 13Av.2 from Elemental Designs. Just for curiosity wanted to check out whether i could model it with a pair of passive radiators. I tried with passives from several manufacturers but i get the best results with 2x1650g AE Speakers PRs PR15-1400 with added mass of 250grams. The results i get thrilled me.

Bottom line: eD 13Av.2 in 80 Liters or 2.85 cu foot enclosure with 2x 15" 1650gram PRs that gives the super optimistic 17.04Hz F3 with 112dB at 20Hz at 600Watts. now or better
-> now how is that true?

Here is what i get:

The input eD 13Av.2 T/S Parameters:

AE PR15-1400 PRs (with added 250grams)

The box

The Frequency Response

SPL vs Frequency (power is 600W on all graphs)

Max. Acoustic Power

Maximum Electric Power

The Cone Displacement vs Freq at 600W

System Ipedance

Phase Response vs Frequency

The Group Delay

And the FR with loaded Room parameters gives F3=15.7Hz

What is your opinion on the feasibility of those results? Someone knowing the tricks with WinISD would be very helpful and is kindly welcomed.
Would that give the edge down to 16Hz with those only 2.9cu or 80 liters?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx for joining in, Mike. Are those results with 2pcs PRs and PR parameters considered?

As the graph hits the limit of 18mm could you advise me please also on the cone displacement at 600Watts and 20/ 17Hz :dontknow:?

Can you think of a driver coming close to those results at 80liters?

P.S. i even get F3 17.04Hz with BassBox

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
The WinISD model is with the E.D. parameters and the A.E. PR parameters with 250 grams of mass added to each PR.

Xmax is reached at 13.5 hz with no Hi-Pass filter and 600 watts.

Can you think of a driver coming close to those results at 80liters?
I've been modeling the new Mach 5 Audio IXL-12 v2 BR. It likes a 45 liter box tuned to 20 hz. I haven't modeled it with PR's yet. For $149 it would be worth looking into.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts