Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
here are a couple more pics of some progress. a couple dry fits and gluing of a couple sides before bracing. finished the bracing yesterday and should be able to assemble the rest of the outer shell tonight or tomorrow.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I have cut the out flush mount baffles for the PR will post the pics a little later on that. That is why you see the overhang on the dry fit of the front baffle it leaves me the 3/4" for the second PR baffle

·
Registered
282 Posts
Don't see any bracing details............

FWIW, here's some pics of some unfinished little tower speakers [aka MLTL nowadays] I took to an Atlanta DIY Meet back in 2001. Their much tweaked 5.25" 40-1354 RadioShack whizzer cone car audio 'full-range' drivers measured +/- 3 dB from 40-12.5 kHz using MLS. Folks were suitably impressed with what some easy tweaks and [then mostly unknown] MLTL cab loading could do for cheap drivers.

Anyway, these were made from some of the barn wood scraps except planed down on one side to 1/2" to get it flat and show its innate beauty. The rough sawn, weathered gray exterior was left as is on the cab's inside to create a little turbulence. A pity the pics are so washed out as even unsealed they were stunning.

I wish their owner had a camera since now with a clear gloss sealer, 1x3 Poplar tripod stands, thick Ga. Marble top plate and closely matching expanded knit grill, they not only look good, but perform much better overall to boot.

GM

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
Thanks! A pity old barn wood is mostly gone now. If one wants this sort or color, pattern, etc., nowadays they have to buy a fairly pricey veneer.

GM

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I have the sub assembled and ready to fire up. Working on posting a bunch of pictures but running into error issues. Seems I have dimension issues on all the pics. Says I need to be 1200 x 1200 and my pic dimensions are much larger than that. So I have to figure out how to resize. Anyone run into this issue? turned out nice.
I'm still figuring out how I want to finish. I'll update pics when I figure out the sizing issue

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
The last 2 pics are for size comparison. The finished sub is 2 cubic foot it has a 12" sub and dual 12" passive radiators.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Any measurements? Thoughts on performance?

GM

41 - 60 of 71 Posts