Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought these back when I was 16 (33 now). Paid $90 through a dealer that my uncle knew who sold them to me at cost. Some hi-fi store in chicago but can't remember... too long ago.

Needless to say they sound great and still do. They were in a box for a good 7 years while I was hiatus from music listening... just recently pulled them out of the box but the foam was bad had to order new ones. put them on and was :gulp: forgot how nice they sound. Not the loudest bass phones but their tone and tightness is amazing.

These literally are one of oldest pieces of audio gear I own outside some of my CDs. I have a Monster Cable power conditioner surge strip that I bought at the same time and still have it although it's been through way more abuse lol.

Just figured I'd share.

Attachments

·
Banned
4,838 Posts
Bought these back when I was 16 (33 now). Paid $90 through a dealer that my uncle knew who sold them to me at cost. Some hi-fi store in chicago but can't remember... too long ago.

Needless to say they sound great and still do. They were in a box for a good 7 years while I was hiatus from music listening... just recently pulled them out of the box but the foam was bad had to order new ones. put them on and was :gulp: forgot how nice they sound. Not the loudest bass phones but their tone and tightness is amazing.

These literally are one of oldest pieces of audio gear I own outside some of my CDs. I have a Monster Cable power conditioner surge strip that I bought at the same time and still have it although it's been through way more abuse lol.

Just figured I'd share.
I have some SR-80s somewhere. They are fun. Not accurate, not comfortable... but fun!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts