Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Mike P. helped me last time designing a sealed box for a RE XXX 15". I ended up having to sell it :(. But i recently acquired a 18" RE MT. I still have no computer and could use help with design for a sealed or ported box. I hope this sub will work decent for HT. Its dual 2 ohm. Will have to find specs. Im powering it with dayton 1,000 watt amp. Thanks again for the help.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Not sure if they ever published T/S specs or not on the MT. With different spider configurations I know they never published any in the past. BUT maybe someone measured one. Will keep looking.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea i couldn't find any t/s either. So would be a shot in the dark. But i figured i would build a box anyway and see how it sounds. Be a fun experiment. Lol.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
You could buy some testing equipment to get your T/S. Or you could just build a ported enclosure and dont worry about it. Although you may want to establish what the Xmax is at least by using your eyes.:D

Having a sealed enclosure to small is not really a worry. EQ can aid that a lot. Ported will be more of a worry about over excursion. It would be better to have T/S but building a cabinet and then testing what it can do what also provide very useful and fun.

Give the sub about 1000watts and see what it can do.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually have 2ish. One has original parts. The other is just the motor and basket. Was originally going to build them to match for my car but decided to concentrate on my ht setup first. Getting a woofer tester to get the T/S would be the proper way. But i might talk with psi and see what they suggest for a re-cone maybe geared more for ht use. Then i could maybe build 2 sealed 18's. ^_^. Which would be overkill for my setup but i am a bass head. Lol. I know building boxes without T/S specs is forbidden in HT world. But i dont have a super picky ear which is to my advantage to a point. Lol. Ill think it threw for a bit. Decide if i should just go a more exact route. Using a sub thats geared for HT. just figured i would see what opinions are out there for this sub. Either way ill have plenty of bass. Just need to figure out what to do for the rest of my setup. Want diy kits for my mains, center n surround. Right now leaning toward zaph audio kits on madisound.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
The best kit I can find for HT are the SEOS WG kits from DIYSoundgroup. Just depends on what you want to spend.

And regarding bass.......I think my cracks in the walls will suggest I like bass also.:heehee:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No cause most of them are custom made. Mine are old school ones. Im prob going to try out the dayton ultimax subs. Thinking dual 12 or dual 15's. and looking at the fusion waveguide kits at diysoundgroup for my lcr n rears. Should be a decent setup. Not enough info on the MT's. rather go different route n be good. Till i get bored with them. Lol. I change my mind alot. Lol.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The best kit I can find for HT are the SEOS WG kits from DIYSoundgroup. Just depends on what you want to spend.

And regarding bass.......I think my cracks in the walls will suggest I like bass also.:heehee:
Lol. Read this after posting about diysoundgroup. Lol. So im in the right direction. ^_^.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
:T Brilliant minds think alike. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts