Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read many of the articles here about BFD sub equalization. I have adopted Ayreonaut's house curve and added a low frequency roll off to protect my sub (Klipsch Sub-10). I still do not know much of what I am doing. I know that it is said not to add if you can help it but I do have a seriously bad base curve. Is this a dangerous equalization?

EQ:

27.92hz +5 gain 4 Q
47hz -12 gain 28 Q
76.6hz +12 gain 5 Q
92.00 -13 gain 17 Q

Crossover is at 100hz.

Attachments

·
Registered
486 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
I am having a little trouble distinguishing between the colors on my monitor. If the EQ'ed line is the one that closely follows the predicted, then you are not in too bad of a shape. You do have significant drop off below 30Hz, which is a function of the subwoofer performance - no way to get that back with EQ.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so I've put in these eq settings and for some reason the results look hardly any different than the before. Unfortunately I do not have another graph yet, but why could this be? There is some obvious change but nothing like I expected.

·
Super Moderator
9,260 Posts

It’s not unusual for different filters to result in essentially the same curve.

That said, it looks like you’ve used a whole lot of equalization to basically lower the response curve down to the Target. Using the equalizer as what amounts to a level controller is poor form. Notice that your unequalized response curve and the Target curve are very similar in shape and slope. So, re-align the Target up to the response curve, and you’ll be able to accomplish the same results you’ve shown here, except that it’ll probably only take a couple of filters.

Regards,
Wayne

1 - 6 of 6 Posts