Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have a chaintech av710 - and this is some of my first info -

1st pic is Souncard settings, then Soundcard Calibration , and then check that the calibration has been successful.

Sample rate: 48000Hz
-3dB points: 7.3Hz, 20.612kHz
Input device: Envy24 Family Audio (WDM)
Input: LINE_IN (Line In)
Channel: Right
Input volume: 0.133
Input RMS target: -12.0dB
Actual RMS at 1kHz: -11.9dB
Output device: Envy24 Family Audio (WDM)
Output: SPEAKER
Sweep level: -12.0dB
20Hz .. 20kHz flatness: +0.1, -0.7dB
1kHz 2nd harmonic: 0.001%
1kHz 3rd harmonic: <0.001%

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Now going thru some more stuff I think I goofed...Do I have the correct settings in the following two files. For the soundcard do I need teh test.cal in there from when I calibrated it?
Do I need to use the radioshack cal file for the mic/meter?
I am hooked up to my preamp with speakers off as of now?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
For the soundcard do I need teh test.cal in there from when I calibrated it?
Yes.

Do I need to use the radioshack cal file for the mic/meter?
Yes.

You don't need to re-measure to load the cal files and apply them to the measurement. If you saved the mdat file of the measure, it contains the impulse response that is used to derive the frequency response.

Simply load the mdat file and the cal files, then click the IR Windows icon and press Apply Windows and the new frequency response will be calculated for the measurement that is selected.

We normally post our graphs with a vertical scale of 45dB to 105dB and a horizontal scale in your case of 10Hz to 200Hz.

Turn off the C-Weight switch since you'll be using the cal file instead..

brucek

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so what is the best thing to change if you keep get input clipping detected?

The volume on the receiver or the Level DB fs?

I have an amp that has multiple dampening settings so I want graphs for all settings.

Example for graph below: Receiver volume at 39, crossover 80, sub -5. Amp has crossover maxed - no off option, phase at 0 and volume 1 oclock and setting at 14, Low dampening.Though I had to keep decreasing the sweep level which brings the spl down.

Here is the graph -

Attachments

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Change the graph to Logarithmic from Linear. (Freq Axis) icon in upper right corner of REW.

Set the Receiver so the level using the RS Meter is 75dB and then set the input level so it doesn't clip..

brucek

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Attatching Graphs - All grapsh are receiver with a 80xo.
Without adding a BFD which graph seems to be the best overall?
Should I run any sweeps at 60xo, 70xo, or 90xo?

1st one is with amp 14 - Low dampening, 14- Med, and then 14- H.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
When comparing graphs, use the ALL MEASURED tab in REW. It overlays all your measurements onto a single graph. It makes comparisons much easier.

"amp 14 - Low dampening, 14- Med, and then 14- H.
2nd set is 20-L, 20-M, and 20-H
3rd set is 28-L, 28-M, and 28-H."

Gotta be honest, I don't have a clue what this means?

brucek

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have the A350-Basic Rythmik amp that has different damping control settings - per the site.

A defeatable extension filter with separate frequency and damping control. The extension filter can be bypass with 14 Hz and high damping setting. Frequency is adjustable between 14, 20 and 28 Hz. Damping factor is adjustable between high damping (Q=0.6, or bessel filter), medium damping (Q=1.07, or 1.5 dB boost Chebyshev), low damping (Q=1.33, or 3 dB boost Chebyshev). There are a total of 9 settings available. You can use this filter to boost the bottom end or do minor correction for room response.

A

·
0 Posts
14Low looks a better starting point, more level and dips aren't as deep. But then I've only just blown the dust of my DEQ and started playing with this stuff again a week ago. ;)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts