Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Are you going to put a grill or screen of some sort over the port opening? I can just imagine something getting "accidentally" tossed in that humongous hole (do you have kids???) and subsequently bouncing around on the sub...
Now you got me all paranoid :yikes: I'm thinking about my son's nerf bullets or a ping-pong or a dog toy...those things go flying around down there....

I grabbed the cloth grill from an old sub I had and I velcro'd the feet to the top....love velcro! It already had 'feet' on it so I think it will let lots of air in/through/around and stop those nerf bullets!

·
Registered
683 Posts
That's an elegant solution! Nice job! :T How's the cloth doing at allowing enough air movement to not make any flow noise?

Didn't mean to get you paranoid, but I have a two year old who is an expert at throwing objects, so I've become sensitized to seeing potential targets! :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
That's an elegant solution! Nice job! :T How's the cloth doing at allowing enough air movement to not make any flow noise?

Didn't mean to get you paranoid, but I have a two year old who is an expert at throwing objects, so I've become sensitized to seeing potential targets! :D
Haha, nice! I recently took apart a sub box that I built 7 or 8 years ago to find some plastic blocks and a rubber ducky that my son must have shoved into the port when he was little. Got to watch out for those things!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Haha, nice! I recently took apart a sub box that I built 7 or 8 years ago to find some plastic blocks and a rubber ducky that my son must have shoved into the port when he was little. Got to watch out for those things!
Ha ha, yeah, luckily the sub I have is junky enough to not need a large enough port for my son to shove stuff in there, and I've tethered my LRs on their stands to the wall, because those are much too tempting to knock over.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
That turned out great. What kind of paint did you use? How does it compare to the svs?
I used standard behr primer (homedepot), and the paint i used was the Behr ultra premium plus (super duper etc)..(the highest price stuff) from homedepot. the paint job came out a lot better than I thought, the phone pics don't show it but it has a nice finish to it for paint only.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I used standard behr primer (homedepot), and the paint i used was the Behr ultra premium plus (super duper etc)..(the highest price stuff) from homedepot. the paint job came out a lot better than I thought, the phone pics don't show it but it has a nice finish to it for paint only.
Thanks. Appreciate the answer. I think I'm gonna go that route too.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts