Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my new graph. Dual subs audyssey XT32 engaged. What do you guys think? dual rythmik fv15hp graph.jpg By the way, i like my bass hot.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I would expect a better result than that if using Audyssey. Mine measured pretty much flat after using audyssey pro on my DHC-9.9. I know use a minidsp just to EQ the subs as I don't really like full range auto eq.

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
Anyone have an opinion on this? Thanks.
I believe that Audyssey XT32 is supposed to be pretty good at low freq correction.

I don't remember how the SMS-1 compares, but I think that it's either on par or below XT32 performance. Edit: I could be wrong, I seem to recall reading that all of the processing power of the DSP on the SMS-1 is dedicated to LFE processing, so there might still be some benefit.

I do know that XT32 is supposed to be better than XT (even with Pro calibration) or the standalone Sound Equalizer product.

What kind of AVR do you have?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm using 2 subs (Rythmik F15HPs) off an Onkyo 3008, also with XT 32.

Here is a graph of just the Audyssey EQ engaged, no parametric EQ. (I since decided to add parametric EQ to obtain a nice hard knee house curve, and to knock out some of those larger peaks prior to running audyssey).

I think your graph looks moderately similar to mine... not completely flat, but not that bad.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey morik,
I have dual Rythmiks also, FV15HP`s. Your graph is abit flatter between 30-70. What PEQ do you use?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey morik,
I have dual Rythmiks also, FV15HP`s. Your graph is abit flatter between 30-70. What PEQ do you use?
That graph up there is with no PEQ, just Audyssey. I've been meaning to put my EQed graphs up in a thread anyway, so I'll go make a new thread with those soon. I got the DSP 1124p for PEQ.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts