Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - long time lurker here.

I have space restrictions for my new sub. It can only be 13x13x17 inches externally. I am planning to use 3/4" MDF braced internally.

Driver = 1 x peerless xls10
Passive = (one or maybe two) peerless pr10

I have plotted graphs on winisd pro and either I am an idiot or I am not using it correctly, could one of you fine ppl plot a graph for me and see if this arrangement works best with 1 or 2 pr's.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
With the sub and 2 passives the box volume should be entered as 23 liters.
ic - i suppose i need to increase the size... the height could go up a couple of inches if that helps... and if i drop 1 of the pr's

13x15x17 - only 1 pr (extra 200gm of mass added) .. that gives maybe 29 litres?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Are you set on using the XLS10? If you use a 13x15x17 enclosure you have roughly 1.25ft to work with max. What are you going to use for an amp (plate, pro, other) and what kind of budget do you have? That's really small even for a PR enclosure. You may be better off just going with the brute force small sealed method by getting a beefier driver and the strongest amp you can.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you set on using the XLS10? If you use a 13x15x17 enclosure you have roughly 1.25ft to work with max. What are you going to use for an amp (plate, pro, other) and what kind of budget do you have? That's really small even for a PR enclosure. You may be better off just going with the brute force small sealed method by getting a beefier driver and the strongest amp you can.
I am now leaning toward 2 x 15's in an IB.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts