Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
This is my VERY first post on here and im really looking forward to getting acquainted.

I just took delivery and installed 13 new GIK Acoustic bass traps. (service from Glenn was top notch by the way!!!!! I would highly recommend. A 40 minute phone call and a week after I placed my order I received delivery in Germany from the UK so super efficient!)

I want to get going with REW. I may come across REALLY thick.... but I just need some advice on connections.

I have a behringer ECM8000 mic
Mic stand
XLR to mini jack
Macbook pro

I think I'm missing a link from the macbook to the processor? Im using a home theatre processor. What connections do I need? RCA from processor to mini jack into the macbook?

does the mac send a test signal to the the processor - out the processor and then output through the speakers?

I know im coming across really stupid now but just need a little help to get going.

Thanks a lot!!!

Carl

·
HTS Reviewer
1,760 Posts
I think I'm missing a link from the macbook to the processor? Im using a home theatre processor. What connections do I need? RCA from processor to mini jack into the macbook?

does the mac send a test signal to the the processor - out the processor and then output through the speakers?
Yes, this is exactly what it does, and yes a cable going from your Mac headphone/audio out to RCA inputs on your processor will work fine.

I do not have personal experience with the Behringer ECM8000 but I believe you will need a preamp between that mic and your Macbook, as opposed to just a cable going from XLR to 3.5mm. Others with that mic will be able to make appropriate recommendations in that area.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
Many thanks for your reply.
I would not have a pre amp between the cable and the mic. Would it work like this:

Mic XLR - MacBook Pro mini jack
Mini jack - meridian G68 processor RCA mic input.

Does this sound correct?

In my mind this creates a full loop from mic to processor and are all linked.

I do have a Meridian Explorer DAC. This is a USB connection to the MacBook Pro. I then have a headphone mini jack and line input mini jack into that.

Would this be the best way to connect it all together?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts