Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for suggestions on a decent amp board, 2 full range speakers, and a subwoofer to put into a single box to use as a Bluetooth speaker. I would like to stay under $200 for these components. I am looking along the lines of a 5-6 inch woofer, either ported, or possibly a passive radiator. I would also like at least 100w total power. So far I am leaning towards Tang Band for full range and woofers.

·
Registered
81 Posts
id say that would be tight depending on how loud an clean you want it to sound , an does 200$ cover the box or do you already have the wood for one

let me know iv got some suggestions for you an if you want i could do a cad moch up a blueprint for you

an id say for a really good 2.1 bluetooth boombox up you budget to 300$

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My thought is that if I can buy a kit from Parts Express for $120 with a box, then I should be able to build one from scratch by spending $200 on just the speakers and amp. Total will probably be around $300. I have WinISD and access to CAD software and an entire woodworking shop, so I should be good there. Here is what I am looking at:

·
Registered
81 Posts
id of said go with this for a little extra an get a lot more spl an bang

TAS5630

Rockford Fosgate P1S4-10 - Punch P1 10" Subwoofer 4 ohm

an four FaitalPRO 4FE35 4" Professional Full-Range Woofer 16 Ohm (two for the left channel an two for the right channel each wired in parallel)

al that comes to 280$ before shipping an tax

·
Registered
81 Posts
that TPS3116D2 iv had before an like this parts review

Only good for a 2.1 if you dont mind having zero mids
Bass is good. Highs are good. There is no Mid range. Switch does nothing. Chinese design. Better off purchasing the Dayton Audio Bluetooth DSP series, Sold out as of now but much better engineered.Do not buy if you want a 2.0 system. The stereo satellites will give no low end even if you designed them to. If you want

__

now i would go for the dayton either

this is my dream build you might go for

ther are 4 fullrange 8in drivers two for the left an two for the right

each pair wired in parallel to 4ohms each to get 75watts an each connected to a 4ohm High Pass Filter Frequency: 500 Hz

an ther are two 10in woofers 1 left 1 right both are 8ohms an are wired in parallel to
4ohms for the .1 postion to get 150watts the pair connected to one Low Pass Filter

Frequency: 500 Hz Impedance: 4 ohms

all run off a TAS5630 Bluetooth 5.0 300W (150W+75W×2) High Power Class D Digital Amplifier; 2.1 Channel Subwoofer Hi-Fi Audio Amp (with Power Supply)

links

the cabinet outerdims are 56.5in by 11in by 9in

the inner dims are 54.5in by 9.25in by 6in

all 4 8in fullrange in a open baffle config the 10in woofers are in the sealed compartment

heres my cad files an pic conceps

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That looks awesome! I am looking to build something that is small enough to easily move around, but large enough to get some good sound out of it. I am a little unsure of the amp though and might end up going with the PE amp instead.

·
Registered
81 Posts
hey heres a updated suggestion

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts