Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 10w7s and a 13w7. I want to put either the 2 10w7s or the 13w7 in my car and the other setup in my house. I am a complete amateur when it comes to hooking this stuff up so what amp should I use for either application and how do I hook it up properly to match up the ohms? I am not an audiophile so a basic setup is good enough for me. I just don't want to invest in a new high-quality sub for my home theater so I would rather work with what I already have.

1) For 2 10w7s, what is a good amp to max out their potential for a home theater setting and how must it be wired?

2) For 1 13w7, whit is a good amp to max out its potential for a home theater setting and how must it be wired?

Your help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What size is the HT room? What is the maximum box size that is acceptable?
The room is about 40 X 20 and I don't know how to build my own box so I will probably be stuck with the car audio enclosures that were built to JL Audio's specifications for auto use unless I can hire someone to build me an enclosure. I am just trying to find out what I need as an amp to use these car subwoofers in the house. I currently use a JL Audio 1000/1 mono amp to drive the 13w7 and 2 separate JL Audio 500/1 mono amps to drive the 2 10w7s.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.