Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Prismasonic

Prismasonic will be introducing a cilindrical lens, which is supposed to be superior over prisms. How is that the case? Prices are obviously higher (from $3K on that other forum)

Big problemo for these gents will be that they will be forced to change their company name to CILINDROSONIC or something of that stretch.:rofl:
Rotolosonico in Italian maybe?
Wait! Got it: ROTOLOSCOPE
All royalties for the name are to be sent to erwinbel so he can invest in more toys...

HD6000R looks appealing though with the Panny in the rendering. Cool CB500 ceiling mount too.
HD6000R_and_CB500_1.jpg

·
Registered
613 Posts
Re: Prismasonic

Prismasonic will be introducing a cilindrical lens, which is supposed to be superior over prisms. How is that the case? Prices are obviously higher (from $3K on that other forum)
It is true. Cylindrical lenses are better because they allow the optics to be adjusted to allow both horizontal and vertical lines to be brought into focus at the same time. Prisms are limited in that they can only focus one plain at one time, so you end up fudging the focus between H and V. Correction elements help here but are not as good as true cylindrical lenses.

Big problemo for these gents will be that they will be forced to change their company name to CILINDROSONIC or something of that stretch.:rofl:
I said the same thing when I first heard their move from prisms to cylindrical lenses.
I love how "some" are claiming those renders to be real. Yeah right :rubeyes:

21 - 22 of 22 Posts