Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's see what you have! Behemoth amps, turntables, planar speakers, tubes, from the exotic to the modest (like mine).

This is what has been going on at my house lately, I am trying out new speakers and having fun.

Speaker Trio.jpg

Speaker Trio II.jpg

WAF II.jpg

IMG_0990.JPG

IMG_0986.JPG

IMG_0989.JPG

I just bought a pair of omni-directional speakers, I'll get pics up soon. Next... constant directivity speakers, maybe?

Now, show us what you have! :hiya:

·
Registered
658 Posts
Do you run your 2 channel systems full range, or do you include the subs? I have a 2.1 channel system for my computer. Energy RC-10s, Orb Audio Super 8, and an old Yamaha RX-V795.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi, This is my listening room (photos are not that great, sorry for this..).

Rega P3, Micromega Duo, Klimo Merlino, Mc2100 and Cremona Auditor.

This is the computer I'm using for the measurements with REW and I'm going to connect to the system.

is on the opposite side of the room, I'm still trying to find the best way to connect it to the stereo.

[edit]Oops. I misspelled the model of McIntosh, who of course is Mc2100[/edit]

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice pictures, guys!

Gorb, I run my mains full range, the subs have a 4th order low pass. I do choose to stuff the ports of some speakers to better aid integration with my sealed subs.

X-Omni, freaky good imaging.

IMG_1123.JPG

IMG_1130.JPG

IMG_1128.JPG

·
Registered
46 Posts
Re: 2 Channel Picture Gallery/Mantown

This is about the cleanest shot of the gear after I installed a Yamaha RX-V2600.

... a little more up close and personal.

This gives you the over all view. I had to use the flash because of the window.

... a left.

... and a right.

The speakers are Dayton BR-1's and the Carver amp on the right sub runs the DIY subs.

Phillip, I recognize the box you are using to get your rec'r off the floor. :wave:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Those speaker wall mounts look very slick Alex.
Thank you. The mounts are standard fair PE stuff but the wall plate/binding post/speaker cable is the result of some scrap material and re purposing of some hardware I had laying around.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Let's see what you have! Behemoth amps, turntables, planar speakers, tubes, from the exotic to the modest (like mine).

This is what has been going on at my house lately, I am trying out new speakers and having fun.

View attachment 32902

View attachment 32903

View attachment 32904

View attachment 32905

View attachment 32906

View attachment 32907

I just bought a pair of omni-directional speakers, I'll get pics up soon. Next... constant directivity speakers, maybe?

Now, show us what you have! :hiya:
Nicely photographed at describing your very nice system.
I'll take your Exposure integrated amp. I've always wanted to try one of their amps because of all the positive comment from owners and the UK press. But when it comes time to making a purchase, I've got cold feet. Congrats!

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nicely photographed at describing your very nice system.
I'll take your Exposure integrated amp. I've always wanted to try one of their amps because of all the positive comment from owners and the UK press. But when it comes time to making a purchase, I've got cold feet. Congrats!
Thank you! The Exposure is a treat, the passive pre means that the source drives the amplifier directly. Nice and clean. Check out the S2 version and wait no longer. :T

Appreciate the pics thus far, lets see what the rest of you have!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Danilo, I did listen to the 'M' version while I still had the Auditors. My days of marginal upgrades were well behind me. When I started out, I moved from the Paradigm Mini Monitor, to Monitor 7, to Studio 40 all in less than three years and spent alot of money on that path.

At the time of bringing in the Auditor, I was torn between the Reference 3A Veena; they were available at different boutiques. The fella selling the SF speakers was clearing them out at half price, and thought it was a steal so jumped on it.

Recently I came across a used Veena pair in excellent shape so i brought those in and did a side by side comparison. The two speakes both great in their own way, but perhaps because the Veena was 'different' I was appreciate its presentation more. The Veena had more detail and transparency, and better speed. The Auditor, as all SF speakers in that range, just have that special tone that seems to connect you to the music. I decided on the Veena as I had an offer from a buyer who was offering more than I paid for them!!

Reference 3A is offering updates to the Veena, from tweaks to the driver and replacing the capacitor on the tweeter to brass screws and finer connecting wire within.

I won't turn down an opportunity to listen to SF again, though...

·
Registered
361 Posts
I initially wasn't going to post my system because it is only partially completed. It is at a stand still, for lack of funds for the foreseeable future. I decided to post it for your comments and advice. Though not completed it is quite superb sounding for its simple direct approach.

System:
1990 Yamaha cdx450 cd player using its variable output > Audio Electronics Super Amp MkII power amp > 1979 Altec Lansing Model 15 speakers. All cabling is Kimber Kable. Target Audio equipment rack w/ 2" thick maple shelves.

Nearest Goal:
Upgrading current cd player to a modern 24 bit cd player w/ analogue variable output.

Long term goal:
Adding tube preamp w/ phono and turntable.

·
Registered
361 Posts

This gives you the over all view. I had to use the flash because of the window.

Do you get any work done at your desk with that smokin' system. Or is it primarily for gaming?

I can identify with your AR-XB turntable. I sold mine w/ Shure M91ED cartridge last year, and have regrets.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Yes, a 12" Altec driver running full range with no crossover on the woofer. Very clear and pure. The horn uses Altec Tangerine 802-8G compression driver in a bent radial horn, again very articulate without harshness. These are one astounding 2-way speaker.

·
Registered
46 Posts

Do you get any work done at your desk with that smokin' system. Or is it primarily for gaming?

I can identify with your AR-XB turntable. I sold mine w/ Shure M91ED cartridge last year, and have regrets.
Thanks but I'm not bright enough to work or game at a desk with a computer. It's all for listening to some tunes while surfing the net. That TT sort of fell into my lap and has been a bit of a fixer upper. It enables me to rifle through the $1/album assortment of records found at second hand stores. It's a great way for me to check out music that I would otherwise never hear. Same goes for that Sony 300 disc CD changer. Second hand store pricing on CD's is $2. Now I'm wanting to spend some money on a headshell and cartridge but regardless of what my girl thinks I am not spending a lot on audio ... read: I'm cheap.

The price tag on your amp sucked all the air out of my room. Congrats on that. :clap:
One day I'd like to give one of those a listen. :T

1 - 20 of 204 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.