Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
For better or worse the goats are all gone. All that's left is the name and the memories.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hopefully I can make this work....

Here is a pic or two of my Audio system. I maintain a separate system for my Home theater.

If this works correctly, there should be text along with the images.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Some sweet systems in this thread. Very nice.

Here's mine. It's my HT setup which double as my 2 channel analog system.

OPPO BDP-95 via analog out into Marantz 8801 AV processor in "pure" mode.

Along with the two pieces of equipment mentioned above pictured (If I attached them correctly) is Paradigm Studio 100s (V.4), Studio CC690 center, an Emotiva XPA-2 and an XPA-3 and an SVS SB13 Ultra subwoofer all of which are plugged into an APC HT15 power conditioner. The TV is a 65" Panasonic ZT60.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
I see there are som nice setups here! And still people that listen to 2 channel music.

My system is 90% for use with music in to channel, but I also have a 7.2 cinema setup, for when I`have the urge to see a movie.

The 2 channel system is:

Squeezebox Touch for playing Flac files. I have just over 1 terrabyte music.
DSPeaker Antimode Dualcore 2.0 Witch i Use as a Dac for the squeezebox, but also to get rid of 1 huge standing wave I have in my room.

Unison Research Unico DM pre and power Italian made Hybrid amplifier with 2 12au7/ecc82 tubes in the preamplifier. And 2 12au7 / ECC 82 tubes on the inut of the power amplifier, witch has 2x150w Mostef i 8 ohm. This poweramp drags 700w ( 230v ) from the outlet.

Triangle Magellan Chello Speakers. Fantastic loudspeakers for all round use. But for acoustic music and music where singing is the main part they are absolutely fantastic. I really love Triangle speakers, and I have had a Few.

I Also use 2 SVS SB12nsd subwoofers from 40hz an down, because of the placment i have on the Chellos, the walls dosen`t helt them in the lowes area. This works very well.

But maybe you would like to see some pictures. well here thay are...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
I see there are som nice setups here! And still people that listen to 2 channel music.

My system is 90% for use with music in to channel, but I also have a 7.2 cinema setup, for when I`have the urge to see a movie.

The 2 channel system is:

Squeezebox Touch for playing Flac files. I have just over 1 terrabyte music.
DSPeaker Antimode Dualcore 2.0 Witch i Use as a Dac for the squeezebox, but also to get rid of 1 huge standing wave I have in my room.

Unison Research Unico DM pre and power Italian made Hybrid amplifier with 2 12au7/ecc82 tubes in the preamplifier. And 2 12au7 / ECC 82 tubes on the inut of the power amplifier, witch has 2x150w Mostef i 8 ohm. This poweramp drags 700w ( 230v ) from the outlet.

Triangle Magellan Chello Speakers. Fantastic loudspeakers for all round use. But for acoustic music and music where singing is the main part they are absolutely fantastic. I really love Triangle speakers, and I have had a Few.

I Also use 2 SVS SB12nsd subwoofers from 40hz an down, because of the placment i have on the Chellos, the walls dosen`t helt them in the lowes area. This works very well.

But maybe you would like to see some pictures. well here thay are...
That's an extremely nice system! You don't get to see that level everyday....Well, you do of course ;)!!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes. Been a dream I`ve had the last 10-12 years or so. Finally I got my own room where I can be the boss. And place speakersm subs ond so on in the place where they sound the best. Not where the wife thinks it looks tle least ugly.... :nono:

This is how it meassures... On the waterfall you see a standing wave at 50hz, this is a hum from the amplifier on one of the subs.

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
I see there are som nice setups here! And still people that listen to 2 channel music. My system is 90% for use with music in to channel, but I also have a 7.2 cinema setup, for when I`have the urge to see a movie. The 2 channel system is: Squeezebox Touch for playing Flac files. I have just over 1 terrabyte music. DSPeaker Antimode Dualcore 2.0 Witch i Use as a Dac for the squeezebox, but also to get rid of 1 huge standing wave I have in my room. Unison Research Unico DM pre and power Italian made Hybrid amplifier with 2 12au7/ecc82 tubes in the preamplifier. And 2 12au7 / ECC 82 tubes on the inut of the power amplifier, witch has 2x150w Mostef i 8 ohm. This poweramp drags 700w ( 230v ) from the outlet. Triangle Magellan Chello Speakers. Fantastic loudspeakers for all round use. But for acoustic music and music where singing is the main part they are absolutely fantastic. I really love Triangle speakers, and I have had a Few. I Also use 2 SVS SB12nsd subwoofers from 40hz an down, because of the placment i have on the Chellos, the walls dosen`t helt them in the lowes area. This works very well. But maybe you would like to see some pictures. well here thay are...
Great looking system. Plenty of room to allow the towers to breathe and open up. My next house will (hopefully) have a space to set my gear up properly. I'm getting pretty good sound reproduction considering my room's constraints but I know my system is capable of more in a larger, properly set up room.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Peter very nice system indeed. Does the room require that much acoustic treatments to tame?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi, yes I think so. Every one of those Auralex absorbers does so that the sound lets go of the speakers mutch more than bare walls. and because of that chathedral ceiling I have, the flutter echo between the walls and floor is trouble without.

I started of with too mucth absorbson, so i took away some of it. Replaced some of it with small poly diffusors. And Im planning to build 4, 120cm x 60cm skyline diffusors for the back wall. The longest collum will be 35cm.

So thats the next project here.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
And I thought I had a lot of treatment. Some particular guys in another forum would say you are crazier than me for setting up a two-channel system in a room treated for home theater. What they failed to realize is that I added extra treatment for two-channel, not home theater. Of course they did admit they were snobs (their words, not mine). Can I just simply agree, at least that they just don't get it.

Very nice Peter... very nice indeed!

Those SVS subs are fine little subs too. My room is slightly larger and I only used one when I had it setup, want two now. I think I am going all out with a pair of the SB13's.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Very impressive those speakers look gorgeous:drool:
Yes, the funny thing is, they sound really good too. I`ve had quite a few speakers the last 10 years of so, always getteing new ones in the house ( I\ve bought second hand ) because I never get satisfied with the sound i had. There this company from France came with a beautiful speaker the Tringle Celius 202 and I eas hooked. I hvae tried different brands of speakers therafter, but always endid up with Triangle`s Magellan Chello is the smalles floorstand speaker in they`re best line.

I dont know If anyone has heard Triangle before, but if you like acoustic music, rock`n Roll or vocal music, you really should lend your ears to these speakers.

Mix them up with valve or hybrid amplifiers and it is a match made in heaven.... :eek:utstanding:

·
Registered
43 Posts
And I thought I had a lot of treatment. Some particular guys in another forum would say you are crazier than me for setting up a two-channel system in a room treated for home theater. What they failed to realize is that I added extra treatment for two-channel, not home theater. Of course they did admit they were snobs (their words, not mine). Can I just simply agree, at least that they just don't get it.

Very nice Peter... very nice indeed!

Those SVS subs are fine little subs too. My room is slightly larger and I only used one when I had it setup, want two now. I think I am going all out with a pair of the SB13's.
Hehe. Theres al lot of treatment and panels. But how shall I put it, the room is a little bit softend up. When you walk into the room while talking. You realize that in the music room your voice doesen stay n the room as long as i does outside. The sound is shortend up. But there is still lot of life in the room, espessaly since i don`t have a carpet on thefloor.

There is so mucth difference between no damping/treatment to some treatment but it has to be placed in the right place, and use the right type Every one of these panels has been placed with the help of REW so every one of these os meassured.

To finish off the room, with speaker, sub, sweetspot acoustic treatment has taken me about 250 hours.:crying: But I`m glad I was abel to finish what I started.. Now I really like spending time here, and so does the girlfriend.:sn:

·
Registered
43 Posts
A friend of mine uses 2xsb13 ultra in his room. He has a room where he want to have best sound for both cinema and hifi. His room is about

500cm by 400cm and with his subs and Dali Helicon 400mk2 he gets a stunning 105db easy all the way down. We tied my Sb12nsd in his room. And the sound was equal, the meassurments was very much alike. But the SB13 Ultra had more DB/headroom.

The strange thing was when we tride his subs and mine at the same time... He then got 9db ekstra sound, an we only used about 1minute to integrate my subs and his...:yikes:

He now wants 2 more of the Sb13...:hsd:

·
Registered
462 Posts
A friend of mine uses 2xsb13 ultra in his room. He has a room where he want to have best sound for both cinema and hifi. His room is about

500cm by 400cm and with his subs and Dali Helicon 400mk2 he gets a stunning 105db easy all the way down. We tied my Sb12nsd in his room. And the sound was equal, the meassurments was very much alike. But the SB13 Ultra had more DB/headroom.

The strange thing was when we tride his subs and mine at the same time... He then got 9db ekstra sound, an we only used about 1minute to integrate my subs and his...:yikes:

He now wants 2 more of the Sb13...:hsd:
Do you keep your subs on ALL THE TIME or do you sometimes turn them off if they get in the way? I'm guessing you are running them at 2 different levels for music and HT.

101 - 120 of 204 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.