Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2 Channel Full range speakers and a room size 15 x 20 x 10(width, length, height) . Appreciate if you can give me suggestions to improve my room. My room is already treated for first reflecltion points and corners with bass traps.

Applied 1/3 smpothing to the graph.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
May we ask what your speaker setup is? The area below 50Hz seems a little high unless you have really good large speakers (Im assuming no sub is in use here)

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
As I drool....Those are some nice speakers :T

Ok, then that graph looks quite good actually. Between 400Hz and 2K I might want to push it down slightly but in a room that may actually not sound so bad. How far back do you sit?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am 10ft away from speakers and speaker are 4 Ft from front wall. I have another 7 ft behind my seat to back wall. .

How do i push down from 400Hz to 2K ?

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
do you have any EQ in your system? That would be helpful to make this adjustment. What do you have for flooring between you and the speakers (hardwood, rug)? having a thick rug between you and the speakers can also help in that range

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I have equalizer only until 120HZ. I have hardwood floor but have a rug already between speakers and me.

Do you think treating the first reflection points on ceiling would fix the issue ?

·
Super Moderator
9,252 Posts

How do i push down from 400Hz to 2K ?
Equalization is the only thing that will help a problem like that.

Do you think treating the first reflection points on ceiling would fix the issue ?
No. Treatments too address upper frequency reflections improve the room’s acoustics by reduce reducing said reflections, but have minimal effect on frequency response problems.

Check out this little chart below I recently came across on another Forum that shows the effects of treatments in a room (click on it twice and it should open in another window):

With the top row of boxes, the room has no treatment and has lots of reflections, as the ETC graph (column A) shows. The audible effect of the reflections is seen in the ragged frequency response with lots of comb filtering (column B). Notice that as treatments are applied (e.g. the rows progressing top to bottom), frequency response becomes less ragged and more linear.

But notice the “B” box in the last row: Even with optimal treatments in place, frequency response is still in need of equalization. So, even though the treatments tamed the reverberation, they did nothing for the anomalies in response.

Regards,
Wayne

1 - 10 of 10 Posts