Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the second instance of my web browser locking up when I tried to load the second page of a list of new posts. Each time, it was a different ISP, a different PC and a different browser. FWIW.

Kal Rubinson

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Hmmm... no problems here either. Several of our staff use the New Posts feature, including myself.

Unfortunately there's not a lot we can do unless it's happening with several members on a consistent basis so that we can troubleshoot it. :huh:

·
Registered
651 Posts
mine gets this error...

when I click on post reply or page 2 or anything that requires to be opened in the same window. but since Maxthon has a drag and drop surfing, if I open everything in a new window, I don't get the error. but this never happens on any other site i visit.

doesn't happen on IE though. (just tried it now)

sorry to Kal for hijacking his thread, i thought it was a site problem and not a browser problem

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
mine gets this error...

doesn't happen on IE though. (just tried it now)
That says "Internet Explorer cannot open"...

Are you sure that it "doesn't happen in IE"???

No matter what I do, I cannot duplicate the error in FF2 or IE7, which is all I have.

Obviously it's not something everyone is experiencing or I would think we would be flooded with emails. This is the first I've heard of any issues. 332 members visited in the last 24 hours and no telling how many visitors. We get over 2,000 unique users per day... over 2 million page views per day.

·
Registered
651 Posts
using IE to reply now. yup, doesnt happen with IE. only with Maxthon.

and it doesn't happen ALL the time with maxthon probably about 25% of the time, then again, I rarely open anything in the same window

i'm trying to duplicate it now with maxthon, and it's not happening anymore

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
I went ahead and ran the Repair / Optimize Tables task.

Sometimes weird things happen in forums. Just one of those things. I've been surfin' forums since the mid 90's... not sure there's one I haven't had a few quirks with at some point in time.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Aha! Was: 2 lock-ups

I have had more lock-ups (and only on this site) and each time it hung while waiting for data from e.nvero.net which, I assume, is some popup/ad source.

Kal

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
I'll see if some of our advertisers are using this link somehow. It may be something we can block.

I seems strange that it appears to only be conflicting with your computers though.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Yeah... I noticed it too, but it seems to only be a very select few individuals. The only correction for it that I could find was one user updated his FF browser and the problem went away. There is something that Kal has that conflicts with whatever banner uses the e.nvero.net ... but I haven't seen which ad it is yet. There is no listing for any such link in any of our ads, so it's it not identified as e.nvero.net and that link gives us no additional info either.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Kal... are you using the latest version of Firefox?

Supposedly the latest version off FF is having issues reading Javascript and it's causing some crashing in several places.

Of course that does not explain why I have never had any problems. I use the latest version of FF and I'm sure I surf this forum more than anyone else does. Actually almost 30% of our members use FF and we've only had this issue surface with one member.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Kal... are you using the latest version of Firefox?
I do on my office machine where this problem first appeared but not on this machine. Here, I am using Netscape 7.2

Of course that does not explain why I have never had any problems. I use the latest version of FF and I'm sure I surf this forum more than anyone else does. Actually almost 30% of our members use FF and we've only had this issue surface with one member.
Well, I've been told I am a pain in the :boxer:

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
lol...

Well that would prove that it's not just a FF issue.

If you don't mind... please let me know if and when it happens again as well as if that same link is what is trying to load.

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts