Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

161 - 180 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Dan,

Probably Saturday when my neighbour goes out and I unleash those test tones. LOl.

I tried my nokia as a camera and it was, well how can put it politely. Shocking!

I will see what it is like in daylight to see if it is any better. Failing that I will see if I can borrow one.

Cheers

Graham

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Hi Ricci

I plan to veneer them both. I have enough american white oak veneer to do one and then I was going to stain to match my furniture. I need to paint the inside of the ports and was goingb to do them black but am not sure. Haven't given the grill a thought as I quite like seeing the driver moving about when watching films and playing music. Watched black hawk down last night missed the ireen part. I am going to run some loud sweeps today in REW to see what they give. Should be rather interesting.

cheers graham
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
Ryan,

Have you tried -0.5hz. That's a real test. :rofl2: On a lighter note have you decided what sub you are going for?

cheers

Graham
I just don't have the power to play with NCH Tone Generator below 3Hz... .5Hz moves but barely. I was disappointed when 0Hz wouldn't simply push out or suck in and hold hahahahah

I really really really want the IB3 22... it IS going to be here in a couple months.. Brian, a Fi guy... dealer... is doing 8 IB3 22's IB in his new home.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Ryan,

8 IB22's is surely going to be very interesting indeed. I am trying to imagine what 8 huge drivers would look like moving in and out at the same time.

Pure heavan.

I am going to have a play today and see what is the lowest frequency I can play. Just for a laugh!

Graham

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Ryan,

I will have to do a test on mine. I am not too sure what it will output and at what but from memory excursion should be less below 10hz. I will have a go tonight.

cheers

Graham

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
Ryan,

I just ran a 7hz test tone at volume -20db on the onkyo and it still rattled the doors. I got cone movement on 5hz but no rattling on the same volume. I am pretty pleased with 7hz though and that is with no hpf.

cheers

Graham

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Ryan,

I just ran a 7hz test tone at volume -20db on the onkyo and it still rattled the doors. I got cone movement on 5hz but no rattling on the same volume. I am pretty pleased with 7hz though and that is with no hpf.

cheers

Graham
I love shaking the house with sub-10hz tones :bigsmile:

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
that is AWESOME! youre tuned to 13.5? I'm guessing I'll end up somewhere between 10 and 15Hz too. 8Hz is prolly the bottom drop anyway... 64' organ stack. Then again, what's the blade sceen from Blackhawk Down? 5Hz? Well I'm starting with a 6.5Hz tune...hehehe I'll have to go grab that on blu -rey.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
Ryan,

Thanks matey. Have a look at my graphs on this or the previous page and it looks more like 11.5hz tune to me. I still haven't been able to turn the subs up loud yet. I watched ninja assasin last night and it was great fun even at -28db. The low end when the weapons made their swooping movements was brill.

cheers

Graham

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Ryan,

As I said with regards to my paramters I don't have any midbass issues at all. I will run some sinewave tones and see what the spl reading is from 10 to 100 and see if they are leve. My EQ curve is flat all the way up so all tone sound the same.

cheers

Graham

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
Ryan,

I know what you mean mate. I didn't think after having the PB13 ultra I would be happy with another ported sub but I have to say for music my two ported subs or even a single ported sub beat the any of the svs ported subs with ease. Oh and lower end bass too. I have only the SVS ported subs to compare to.

cheers

Graham

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
Guys,

I have been thinking about my curve for my subs and when going back I have noticed that the right sub has a big null at 33hz. On original measuring both subs had opposite nulls and peaks and looked like it would give me a good flat response which it almost did. When running a measurement for both subs only without audyssey it looked pretty good with no nulls but when I ran Audyssey first or last I get a null at 33hz. Am I right in saying that even though after running a measurement without audyssey and it doesn't show a null that Audyssey is seeing the null on the right sub when it is calibrating.

1. Measure subs only no Audyssey. No nulls
2. Measure each sub seperately. Opposite nulls and peaks with the largest null being on the right sub at 33hz.
3. Run Audyssey before and after. Doesn't matter which way around. It seems to pick up the null on the right sub.

This has left me having to boost the null by 8db to get it flat.

I am going to move the right sub around again and see if I can get rid of that null. Thats if I can.

It would be good to get your thoughts on this and if anyone else has experienced the same problem.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
If you are not showing a null without Audyssey... do not use Audyssey, this way you do not have to boost anything. It does not matter how the response is measuring each sub separately because you are not listening to them separately. What matters is how you listen... always measure what you are listening to... assuming you are running the subs mono.

161 - 180 of 237 Posts