·
Registered
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
Incredibly though..no loss of life!
I can only imagine the anxiety and then the shock when they find their homes have gone..
Having gone through a bushfire myself last summer and just missing the house, I know how frightening that is!

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
Incredibly though..no loss of life!
I can only imagine the anxiety and then the shock when they find their homes have gone..
Having gone through a bushfire myself last summer and just missing the house, I know how frightening that is!
As much as losing one's home hurts, at least no one has lost their life. You gentlemen stay safe....

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Joe.

Last friday we stayed in the office all day. Normally we would be traveling to some of the 80+ schools we manage in the Hunter Valley, however the fires were close to most schools that had calls logged.
Also, one of our team members had to stay home as well because there was a fire approaching his house.

-Bill

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
My prayers are with those who lost their homes. I could not imagine that happening to me. So sad. God bless.

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
As much as losing one's home hurts, at least no one has lost their life. You gentlemen stay safe....
Thanks Joe..

I'm fairly safe at moment as there's still a lot of green grass in the area and the trees and vineyards are still burnt and black from last year!
The grass growth over winter had been prolific and when that starts to dry off with some very hot weather on the way, things might change rapidly!

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
The latest report is that there is now a danger of the three major fires joining up to become a mega fire which would then be 300Km. wide!!
Wind speeds in the area could top 100Km./hour!!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
That sounds terrible and magnificent. Glad the main losses have been replaceable ,last I heard no deaths, but I have always been mystified by fire. I would really like to see something like this firsthand. Hopefully everyone can stay safe and start to rebuild

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
There has been one death now..An elderly guy who wouldn't leave his home..
They've now made evacuations compulsory and will force people to leave their homes if they don't leave voluntarily! ..

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Sorry to hear about all this, these fires truly have a life of their own. The winds can wreak havoc with them. I pray and hope things don't get worse.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts