Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Capital AudioFest Official Show Report by Joe Alexander of HTS

July 25th- Hello from Silver Spring, Maryland!

After a fun car ride through some really beautiful neighborhoods and at least two college campuses, I have arrived! I am really looking forward to getting started tomorrow morning and seeing Sonnie...

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Nah... Since we didn't have time to fly over to the UK and pick up john I just used my own. :fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
100 Posts
I talked to Joe at CAF. Met you both at LSAF this year in Danny Richie's room and at dinner at the restaurant.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Ahhh... I am just not putting the name with a face. Sorry I missed you this time around. I missed a few other folks that I talked to on the phone today. They were in a room that I somehow missed.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The Viva HiFi room 610 at CAF2013 was doing well on Friday when I was there. It had the new Daedalus Pam speakers, Mod Wright integrated amp and Mod Wright modified Oppo BDP-105 as the front end. That was used for disk playback and the HAL MS-2 Music Server was playing digital file playback through the Oppo. Sounded very good to me when I had some time to listen.

Looking forward to seeing your posts.

·
1,664 Posts
Thanks to all who attended. I think the show went well, better than last year, where I had doubts about returning.
Sonnie, Joe, always a pleasure seeing/speaking with you both. Hope you enjoyed the show.
You too HAL ;-)
About the only thing I missed vs last venue (Crowne Plaza Rockville), was Gary Gill and John Atkinson playing live with the band in the main lobby, while I sipped on Newcastles! Otherwise, this location had a ton of great places within several blocks/walking distance.

cheers,

AJ

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Just to let everyone know... Joe took ill with the flu right after he got home, so he has not been able to get the show coverage up... but he promises it is on its way. :T

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just to let everyone know... Joe took ill with the flu right after he got home, so he has not been able to get the show coverage up... but he promises it is on its way. :T
Alrighty, sorry about that all - on the mend now so I will be getting going on these. Thanks for your patience!

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alrighty, sorry about that all - on the mend now so I will be getting going on these. Thanks for your patience!
Just got back from vacation - unfortunately, the "wi-fi" the house we rented was supposed to have was not really there. :(

So, I am now back from vacation. Back to our regularly scheduled program!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts