Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if any other Shacksters out there are baseball fans? I know Todd is a huge Orioles fan but what about the rest of you? I'm pretty much an avid sports fan of all except the NBA. When Sonnie was around the college football thread was always a great read in season. Being from KC my team is obviously the Royals and it's pretty easy being a Royals fan right now. Anyone out there a fan and if so who's your team and predictions for the season?

·
Registered
13 Posts
My prediction is that it's going to be a long season here in the Philadelphia area. Hopefully some of the young players develop quickly.

Go Phillies!:smile:

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll throw my World Series prediction out there. Houston vs Cubs with Houston taking it all.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Todd, curious what the excitement level is in Baltimore with the Orioles 7-0 start? I haven't yet caught any of their games but even though it's early that record is impressive!

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, taking this to the proper thread but here we are in sunny Surprise AZ watching our World Series Champs. :)

image-386441897.jpg

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Todd, curious what the excitement level is in Baltimore with the Orioles 7-0 start? I haven't yet caught any of their games but even though it's early that record is impressive!

Found the thread!

The O's are definitely generating some interest...the general sense around here is that the line-up is stacked, defense is going to be great again, the bullpen is rock-solid...but the starting pitching is a big question mark. Seems that the SP will either be middling...below average...or average to a hair above average. So I think fans are waiting to see how the first 1/4 of the season goes before getting overly excited.

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Just curious if any other Shacksters out there are baseball fans? I know Todd is a huge Orioles fan but what about the rest of you? I'm pretty much an avid sports fan of all except the NBA. When Sonnie was around the college football thread was always a great read in season. Being from KC my team is obviously the Royals and it's pretty easy being a Royals fan right now. Anyone out there a fan and if so who's your team and predictions for the season?
My hopes for the season: Orioles continue to beat-up on the Red Sox...split with the Yankees...and completely dismiss Toronto (which I don't think will happen...but would like. a lot).

My biased prediction: Baltimore in 5 over San Fran in World Series of Orange and Black :devil:

Reality: KC vs Cubs. Cubs win in 6.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My hopes for the season: Orioles continue to beat-up on the Red Sox...split with the Yankees...and completely dismiss Toronto (which I don't think will happen...but would like. a lot). My biased prediction: Baltimore in 5 over San Fran in World Series of Orange and Black :devil: Reality: KC vs Cubs. Cubs win in 6.
I could see both scenarios happening. If your biased prediction comes to fruition you better hope Bumgarner isn't taking the mound with the series on the line. That dude…sheesh!

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll throw my World Series prediction out there. Houston vs Cubs with Houston taking it all.
Way early to adjust predictions but KC vs Cubs and who knows who wins it all? Just don't want to jinx us but my Royals look hungry for another. I like the Royals pedigree and it still sounds strange to type that. :)

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Houston is a dangerous club. One thing for sure, the American League bloodbath is going to be mighty entertaining to watch!
Yes they are but we dispatched them fairly easy. They had us beat in the playoffs to be honest. KC, Houston, Baltimore, and Toronto will be there in the end. It's going to be fun watching it all play out.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't know Jeff... that wasn't so easy... Houston had'em! ;-)
Oh no I was talking opening series this year. You're right they absolutely had us beat before that booted ball. There was definitely some luck involved. We still got this though. :)

image-828255845.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We went Tuesday night with Ventura pitching against Detroit. We ended up winning but if Detroit can stay healthy I think they'll be tough. The White Sox have started out hot but I just don't see it. What's demand like at Camden Yard because this year you gotta sell an organ for decent seats at the K.

image-2180489392.jpg

1 - 20 of 154 Posts