Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

61 - 80 of 154 Posts

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
I know... I know...

It's hard not to look down the line and cringe. O's have Manny Machado through 2018. I'm hoping they somehow lock him up. But... it's going to cost a FORTUNE.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Eric Hosmer is the player us KC fans would like to see locked up long term. Realistically, it's probably not gonna happen. Boras will cash in handsomely yet again. Oh and we got this one tonight Todd! :)

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Ventura doesn't appear to be in very good standing inside the clubhouse right now. There was no reason for him to do what he did. Take your beating (no pun intended) like a man and keep working your craft to improve. Ventura's issue is between the ears and I'm not sure there's any fix for that. Very bush league as far as I'm concerned.

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Yeah... I'm not a fan of throwing at players. I thought Yost's post game comments danced around the sentiment that players on KC aren't thrilled about some of his antics (though, I wasn't really aware of Ventura having issues going into the game). Your catcher didn't exactly move fast to stop Manny.

Gotta say, I'm not a big fan of charging the mound, either. I get the frustration, but you put yourself at risk (not to mention the possibility of a suspension). I was disappointed to see it all go down. At least the two teams calmed it down quickly.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Yeah, neither player has the cleanest of records. The difference is Machado has been producing and would appear to have the support of his teammates. Ventura's act has grown thin within the clubhouse. I have a feeling his days are numbered here in KC. Good game so far tonight.

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Machado - a year or two ago - did a very foolish thing where he swung and released his bat on purpose. It went flying at the A's third baseman. No excuse for that. He denied it at first... But Buck Showalter - who is a total class act - had him hold a press conference and admit guilt and apologize. Was definitely a not so good moment for Manny.

He generally appears to be liked by his teammates and is loved by fans. I think he's a little on the cocky side, but, in general seems to be maturing. Last night his teammates certainly stepped up after the game to support him.

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Well...suspensions were issued.

Not surprised Manny is told 4...I'm guessing he'll get it to 3?

Ventura's 9 game sounds like a lot...but is essentially a 1 game start suspension unless there's a double header snuck in there.

I'd love to know how the MLB goes about figuring this out.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Yep, that pretty much sums it up. Cain, Moose, Gordan, and Wade Davis have missed significant time this year and Moose gone for the year. I think they'll be moving a player or two before the trade deadline. We'll see how the season plays out but we might be eyeing things for the 2017 season. :blink:

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Yeah... injuries can do that. Sorry that happened. Way more fun when your best players are playing.

Baltimore has lost four significant players to decently long injuries this season, but they've been staggered (with minimal overlap). I actually think we'll see them pick-up an outfielder in the next few days to help cover for two lost players.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
A surprising stat I heard today was the Royals haven't won two games in a row in over a month. Not a recipe for success to say the least. On the bright side that WS flag is still waving proudly.

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Makes it easier to appreciate all of the years of NYY dominance...big payroll, yes, but somehow they avoided stretches of catastrophic injuries. Quite amazing, actually...

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Certainly an amazing run they had. My Royals stunk it up on another level tonight. SHEESH! You guys need any players? I think we might be in sell mode.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
If that's too much we can meet in the middle for Hunter Harvey. Seems fair, major league ready and proven in Volquez for a young rookie arm.

61 - 80 of 154 Posts