Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

81 - 100 of 154 Posts

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Don't get me started on Hunter Harvey. The guy seems to get injured every other week. He just had Tommy John last week. I feel bad for him...

So, post fight, has Volquez had any success?

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
He's been steady. He had one bad (BAD) outing that I lelieve he gave up a ridiculous amount of runs. Remove that outing and his ERA would be 3.80'ish.

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
I can't believe I'm typing this...but I think Baltimore should go after the Oakland A's ancient Rich Hill. We need a lefty starter in Baltimore that won't cost a fortune in prospects...he fits the bill.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
With that lineup any pitcher with an ERA of 5.00 or less would be adequate. I think we'll be sending Volquez to the Rangers before the trade deadline. That's the rumor anyway. There have also been some rumblings of us trading Wade Davis but I don't see that happening. The Royals are going to need him next year when they make another run.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
The Nationals Lucas Giolito is the rumored target for Wade Davis. I'd be just fine with that but they're hesitant to give him up. Understandably so but relievers are in demand and the Chapman trade set the bar high. We'll see if anyone budges?

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
I know it's statistically improbable but hey it is the Royals. Seven in a row and closing fast. This team just won't quit. :flex:

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Went to see the O's on both Friday night and Saturday night.

Friday night started off with a bang... Orioles set a record by four of the first five hitters of the game hitting home runs. It was quite a sight to see. They were ahead 5-1. Then the rest of the game happened and they lost 15-8. It was like slow-drip water torture watching that game unfold.n Then, night two...Houston posts 12 more runs in a brutal 12-2 lost against the O's Ace, who lasted 2 innings.

That's 27 runs scored against Baltimore in two very long games that saw them fall into third place.

PAINFUL! :-/

I'm hoping they can pull a KC here and get red-hot...but they are running out of time. Both Boston and Toronto are showing no signs of letting up.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Pretty much the same situation here with the Royals. It's going to be a pretty intense last month of the season. Odds aren't good with the teams ahead of us but I'm not going to count them out.

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Jeff... we need a scenario where the Royals and Yankees somehow beat each other tonight. Two loses in one game. Can you make that happen? ;-)

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
I've run the numbers Todd and I can't seem to come up with that outcome. Sheesh, that loss last night was painful! That game might come back to haunt the Royals.

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
30 games to go. By my calculations the O's pretty much need to go 18-12 to get (at the minimum) a Wild Card spot...possibly 20-10 or 22-8 to win the Division.

I don't want to wish away time...but the suspense is killing me!!

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
At least the O's are still in the hunt. Having spent years (decades) on the outside looking in I can really appreciate still playing relevant games. Keep an eye on Houston I've got a feeling about that team. I think they'll finish strong and be a handful in the playoffs.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Forgot about that post. So you've witnessed first hand the potency of that team. :blink:

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Hate to say it Todd but the only good news so far tonight is Baltimore is losing. Tough race every night as it seems most teams ahead of the Royals win most nights. :foottap:

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Huge weekend for the O's...took 2 of 3 from Detroit...IN Detroit...and Chris Tillman made is return from the DL and pitched a good one today. Up next is a 3 game series in Boston.

I read this is the closest division race since the install of the new Wild Card system... it's starting to really stress me out!

81 - 100 of 154 Posts