Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

101 - 120 of 154 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
We did you a solid today Todd. Sadly, it looks as though we've been reduced to spoilers. :|

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
You certainly did... I've been scoreboard watching.

The O's have been in the driver's seat only to spin out of control... although, they showed some life last night. I can barely stand the anticipation of the next 8 games!

Pretty sure KC has Detroit again tomorrow... hope the stars align. Desperation hour up this way!

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
I've got tix for tomorrow's game, which is the last home game of the regular season. I **hope** to be shelling out some cash for Playoff Baseball... hope those Royals dish it to the Tigers again tomorrow!! :T

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Volquez pitching for the Royals so who knows? He's been really good or really bad. He seems to have checked out but we'll see.

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
O's need Yankees, Royals, Twins, Angels to win.

At this point, best case scenario is a home wild card game...unless something really wacky happens... worst case is obviously out or playing a wild card game in Toronto

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Had some good seats for the last home game... only question: peanuts or cracker jacks!?!?

I ***really*** would love to open the wallet to get to a playoff game or two. This is going to be a stressful week!

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
It's only money Todd so I say go for it! We attended two playoff games and game one of the World Series in 2014. Although we depleted our vacation fund that year it was well worth it. It's bittersweet this year with no playoffs for the Royals but we will be spending a week in Cancun in a few weeks. :grin2:

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
I agree... I've been to a lot of the playoff games in the 4 years they made it since 95 :-/.

I'm not 100% convinced they'll make it this year, but hoping so!

Still bitter about what your boys did to B-more in '14! ;-)

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Yeah, they were a buzz saw in those '14 playoffs. Hope you guys make it in this year and I think you will. We'll sit this one out and be back with a vengeance next year! I'll root for the O's in the playoffs.

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
I guess, technically, the playoffs start tonight for Baltimore... 3 games in Toronto and 3 games in NY to finish the season.

Wow...!

What a way to end the season. One thing for sure, the stadium up in Toronto is going to be packed tonight. One game separates both teams from hosting the wild card.

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
I'm not counting chickens before they hatch... trust me. Just look at the teams I root for: O's, Redskins, Capitals, and Wizards.

Let downs, strange events, chokes... this what I've experienced for decades! ;-)

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
...and losing to the Yankees today is not a good thing.

This team can't seem to separate itself from the clump. I guess tomorrow is a must win game... a shame it's coming down to that!

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
So, it looks as though the O's have to win two games in a row right? Unless of course both Detroit and Seattle both lose in that scenario they just have to win the wildcard game. Most likely two in a row but might as well get use to high stakes baseball. Good luck!

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Well... they lost this afternoon in NY. So, only have one game left. Hopefully the other teams in the race lose tonight (kind of sad to be reduced to rooting for other teams to lose :-/ )

101 - 120 of 154 Posts