Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

121 - 140 of 154 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Not feeling sorry for you Todd. I'd happily swap you for the opportunity to continue playing postseason baseball. Just sayin.....:hissyfit:

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Keep in mind included with the swap is 30 years of futility. Although that payoff was pretty sweet. Never mind I think we'll just keep things as is and throw our hat in the ring again next year. 3/4 years in the WS would be amazing if we can somehow get back next year.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Yup. You guys will definitely be back next year! No doubt about it!
I just hope we can stay healthy next year. We were decimated by injuries this year and had mostly been healthy the two previous years. As far as definitely being back and no doubt about it? I'm fairly confident we'll get back to the playoffs but getting back to the WS takes a little luck.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
As a fan having just one game makes all nine innings (or more) intensified. This has been a good one! By the way that was a bush league move by the Toronto fan.

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
No love lost between these teams.... I hope that incident didn't mess with the flow of the game. Very unfortunate to see that kind of nonsense.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
True, Jason La Canfora stirring the pot pretty good on Twitter. That guy is something else. C'mon O's I really don't want to see Toronto advance! Some very unlikable guys on that team.

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Hard to watch that go down with Zach Britton sitting in the bullpen... :scratch:

Blue Jays are a tough team. Pretty amazing that the O's and Jays not only played in the same Division, ended the season with the same Win/Loss record, were separated by one game in the season series, and go extra innings in the Wild Card game.

Time to start the "2017 MLB Season" thread!

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Yeah, Showalter is going to take some heat leaving that guy in the pen. If only the O's could have scored late that would have made it a much easier decision. On the road it's more of a gut feeling when to send the closer out in a tie game. Can we just fast forward to Spring Training? Cubs win it all and call it a day.

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
He's going to take heat for sure. The real truth is that the Jay's pitching held the O's to 2 runs in 9 innings...and the O's were about 6-inches away from making a catch in the outfield that would have held the Jays to a single run.

That's what it really came down to.

I still think that Britton should have entered the game the second Toronto got a baserunner in the 11th... the guy had one of the single best relief seasons in the history of MLB, with 0.54 ERA and an 80% ground ball rate... but Showalter was obviously reserving him to be a hammer with the lead (which would have been called a genius move if the game had gone that way).

I hope the O's can scrap another good season together...but with the AL East locked and loaded, it's not going to be easy.

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Jeff - this Toronto V Texas series is killing me. I think the O's would have feasted on those two Texas pitching performances!

Cleveland - Toronto ALCS?

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
It's certainly looking that way. I expected Texas to put a much better foot forward. I'm thinking maybe Toronto has gotten hot at the right time and is going to be representing the AL. The Cubs are everybody's darlings but Toronto is battle tested and can mash!

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Uh huh, they're good. I don't know what our record was against them this year but I don't remember many wins.

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Andrew Miller is recognized, but one of the least heralded stars in the MLB. Cleveland obviously has a lot of weapons, but having that guy as a mid to late game reliever gives them a lot of room for error.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
A good bullpen is essential in the postseason. The Royals laid the groundwork and showed you don't have to have a lineup of mashers to win in October. Although I wouldn't mind 5 Bumgarner's who can throw complete games either. :wink2:

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
Cubs go up 2-0 over the Giants? I think so and really look forward to a Toronto vs. Cubs World Series. I gotta root for the Cubs to break that curse. Where do you suppose Steve Bartman is right now? :grin2:

121 - 140 of 154 Posts