Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Well... Indians are in. What a decisive smack-down of Toronto.

What will be more amazing is LA somehow pushing the NLCS to a Game 7! Possible? Absolutely!

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Gotta say I didn't see the Tribe doing that to the Jays. I'd also like to see some game 7 drama from the Cubs/Dodgers.

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
I can't believe the Indians opened the door for the Cubs.

WOW.

What in the world was going on in the outfield during the first inning last night. I hate to call conspiracy theory...but that almost looked purposeful? Weird!

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I grew up on the south side of Chicago and yet was a cubbies fan for ever. This is just the way my family was in that maybe true of us really work into the White Sox while the rest for Cubs fans.

It is so cool knowing that they finally won the World Series as I remember being so close in 1969 and did not come home with it. Unfortunately I never got to see the big win while I lived up there and was able to buy tickets to go to the game on a regular basis. Not been to all the baseball facilities in the United States but can say that Wrigley Field is still very special.

The funny thing for me is that Fenway Park is the oldest ballpark and Wrigley is the second oldest ballpark and now I live a short distance from Bosse field in Evansville which is the third oldest ballpark still operating in the United States.

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
I grew up on the south side of Chicago and yet was a cubbies fan for ever. This is just the way my family was in that maybe true of us really work into the White Sox while the rest for Cubs fans.

It is so cool knowing that they finally won the World Series as I remember being so close in 1969 and did not come home with it. Unfortunately I never got to see the big win while I lived up there and was able to buy tickets to go to the game on a regular basis. Not been to all the baseball facilities in the United States but can say that Wrigley Field is still very special.

The funny thing for me is that Fenway Park is the oldest ballpark and Wrigley is the second oldest ballpark and now I live a short distance from Bosse field in Evansville which is the third oldest ballpark still operating in the United States.

Cubs fans are about to experience several more WS victories....pretty cool to have a team that good (and that young!).

Cool fact about Bosse Field. I was just checking out some facts on it... that's where Don Mattingly started his pro career! Awesome!

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
O's did not extend a QO to Matt Wieters...and Mark Trumbo declined his QO.

Hopefully that's going to free-up some cash to get a contact hitter or two.

Would love to see Josh Roddick and/or Dexter Fowler playing along side Adam Jones next year!

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Cubs fans are about to experience several more WS victories....pretty cool to have a team that good (and that young!).

Cool fact about Bosse Field. I was just checking out some facts on it... that's where Don Mattingly started his pro career! Awesome!
What might be even funnier is that my son in law started pitching with the Blue Jays and when he got hurt he found a position with the Evansville Otters and pitched with them until he could not pitch anymore. Its a good field with some very reasonable prices. Fun stuff :smile:

141 - 154 of 154 Posts