Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's get this started since spring training is just around the corner! Todd, they let Matt Wieters walk? I just can't envision him in another uniform. What's the pulse in Baltimore on that move?

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Well... O's picked up Welling Castillo (who shares similar numbers to MW, but costs significantly less). Winters is a nice player...but he's not an $11-$15 million dollar player. I actually was very neutral on him leaving.

I'm heading down to Sarasota this weekend ---> my wife and kids gave me tix for the O's home opener for the ST! Can't wait... I have a good feeling about this year! ;-)

How are the Royals shaping up?

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems everyone outside of KC has already written them off. Obviously the tragic death of Ventura didn't help but they've patched things up as well as they could. I don't know that they can overtake the Indians but a wildcard spot should be in play. Have fun at ST it's truly a blast!

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Wasn't KC talking about releasing/moving Ventura last year?

What do you think of the new intentional walk rule? I don't like it... I think it could actually lead to more walks issued in a game. I always felt like calling for an IW could potentially throw a pitcher off his rhythm...now that it can be done with a signal, that element is gone.

IMO, if they want to speed up games, they should get rid of replay until 9th inning.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, they were ready to move on from Ventura. Some info on his personal life recently reportedly made the front office hesitant to do so. I think they wanted to help him instead of discard him which is admirable in this day and age. I don't care for the rule change and don't foresee it speeding up the game.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No doubt! We could find a spot in our lineup for Jones. Hosmer being clutch on the big stage as usual. I sure hope we find a way to sign him.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Astros won the 2017 World Series. Congrats!

Great series.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts