Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Awesome pictures - that's a sweet collection of speakers. It's really cool that the park just lets you set up shop with a bunch of speakers and party. Did any strangers/unaffiliated people just visiting the park show up to check out what yall were doing? :D

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
Hopefully we will have more photos that were taken with the "real" camera at the GTG. We didn't have anyone stroll in that was any weirder than the rest of us A/V geeks. I had that thought in the back of my mind and was a little worried about it on the way down with the amount of hardware sitting out there in the not-best part of the city, but then I realized I was just being paranoid. So I racked the M249, crawled out of my underground bunker, and stopped worrying. It was just like another picnic in the park, only much louder.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Hopefully we will have more photos that were taken with the "real" camera at the GTG. We didn't have anyone stroll in that was any weirder than the rest of us A/V geeks. I had that thought in the back of my mind and was a little worried about it on the way down with the amount of hardware sitting out there in the not-best part of the city, but then I realized I was just being paranoid. So I racked the M249, crawled out of my underground bunker, and stopped worrying. It was just like another picnic in the park, only much louder.
Haha, sounds good. I really didn't think anybody would show up and try to do anything shady or steal anything (not to mention they wouldn't get far trying to carry a 150 lb subwoofer)...I was just thinking that maybe some normal people who happened to like speakers and such might get curious and pop in to see what was going on :D

I finally took some time tonight to upload a couple of my camcorder vids - nothing fancy - but a bit more of a peek into what the event was.

http://youtu.be/N1Bbc_mGumw
I'll have to check out the videos whenever I get home later this evening.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's comments that was there. Will the comments show up in this thread? The pics are cool. Funny looking at the disparity in sizes!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts