Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
've been contemplating various subwoofer constructions, while making some sketches & calculations I came up with the idea of putting two Dayton RSS390HF's behind each other in a vented box of 150 liter and tuned to 18,5 Hz.

Has anyone experience with such a setup? Pro's / cons?

ingo

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bi-amping could solve that, I'd have to talk to the Hypex guys wether it's possible to add a second UCD400 to the smaller plate amp or .... PSC2.400.pdf ;)

ingo

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Are you thinking of going iso just to save space? Compound loading (isobaric) had both its advantages and disadvantages. Iso is expensive in that you have to use two woofers. Another option would be to build two smaller sealed boxes and eq the low-end.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Space is a constraint in this case, in two ways actually. The (living)room is about 100m2 (1070 square Ft) all brick concrete and lots of glass, but the AV-area is just 170 square feet (3,5 x 4,5 m). Both are connected, so the living room "sucks out" all the deep low end. The compound setup gives me a relative small box that is straight to 20Hz. Closed boxes start to fall off a lot earlier so I'd need quite a bit of EQ there, witch I'm hesitant about.

Also, because of space the centre speaker will be integrated in the sub. Given som time I'll do some 3D modeling to show the ideas.

i.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
after figuring out the RS HO acronym ;) I remember looking at that driver but does not seem to be available in europe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts