Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I now know I need 200litres per driver after the port+driver and I need the port to be 2 4" x 771mm.

I prefer a slot ported build and I think I have the final sizes close just need someone in the know to check it over and advise if I need bracing!

And so it begins!

My subs old living space is being reused!

ideally i want a slot port so if anyone only has time to check that there will be no port noise and my calculations are correct cant you check this one? i want to buy wood tomorrow!

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
I am getting a 6 cu ft (175l) tuned to 20hz. 600 watts input power and a hpf set to 20hz 2nd order.

Box size is 22" wide by 22" deep by 32" high.

Slot port is 20.5" bu 1/75" by 34"

Winisd file attached too.

cheers

Graham

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
I reckon for a 17hz you will be better off with a 225l box. Its a comprimise. Tune low you will lose some upper bass but gain lower bass. Tune higher you will gain upper bass and lose lower bass.

I would probably go with the 17hz but no lower as I don't really like tuning a 12" driver too low.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
The port is 20.5" wide by 1.75" high by 37" long. So you can just fold it where you like. Its on the winisd file I attached for you. You can load it into winisd and play around with it to see how it affects the port velocity and resonance.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Have you downloaded the winisd file and put it in winisd and changed the box size and tuning to see how it compares. It would be good practise for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Your right, very sorry im being lazy. i will have a play and post up my results :) again thanks for looking at this for me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts