Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just moved from a house where I had a dedicated 2-channel room with panels I made with 703 Owens and the room sounded really good.

I have moved and in a few days, I will be setting up my audio in the only logical spot I have. It is an upstairs game room and is approximately 13'x16'. One entire wall is open and the sound will spill out over the railing into a huge living area and foyer complete with high ceilings. My concern is not my music being too loud downstairs, but keeping it good in that room.

I will definately lose a first reflection point on the left speaker. I can either set the gear up this way where one speaker will have no wall OR I can put the gear on the center wall where it would have 2 walls to reflect on, but would disappear behind me in no man's land.

I may just have to experiment, but wanted some feedback from you guys on which would be the lesser of the 2 evils.

Thanks,

Mark

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
Welcome to the Shack

If it were me, I'd keep the symmetry and enjoy the luxury of no rear wall hassles.

Bryan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys, I took your suggestion and used the open area as the back (or lack of) wall. I was really surprised to find the sound was much better than I imagined....much more bass than I thought I would have. I still need to do some wall treatments, though.

I thought about putting a track on the ceiling in the back and hanging a thick drape from it.

Thanks for the input.

Mark

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
Don't stop there. Lots of things to explore. When you get settled, post again and we'lll get you finalized.

Bryan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts