Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about building a 3-Way system in a sealed setup. I am planning on using drivers that I had in stock: RS225, RS150 and Vifa PL tweeter.

Does anyone have a better/different choice of drivers that work well in a sealed setup?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

I was just looking for some personnel favorite driver choices. I don't usually use a sealed setup but after testing the Rs-225, I really liked the sound of the sealed setup.

I'm just looking for a clean clear sounding 3-way tower. The drivers so far meet this need, just asking for any other input.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Those three aren't bad picks but I wouldn't necessarily use them together. First off with these metal cones you really have to be careful about breakup modes. The RS225 has them at 1600Hz and the RS150 has them at 1800Hz(ish). They are close enough together it would be hard to cross from one to the other without hitting the modes in those areas. The other issue is dispersion. Both the 6" and 8" driver will start beaming about the same point.

You'd probably be better served using the Vifa tweeter, the RS225 as a woofer and getting something else to use as a mid - either a mid-range dome or wide range cone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts