Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

After a little more than 1 year my projector starting making noise when starting and displaying weird colors. The guarantee was over, I sent it back to Optoma, they're asking £150 that is roughly $300, this is more than a third of the projector's price !!

On the invoice there's apparently no part replacement, it's just 'labour charge'.

Question #1 : Is it a normal price and if not, what kind of people could repair it for a normal price if not Optoma ?

Question #2 : the invoice states that half of this price will « be made if repair declined », whereas nobody told me anything about such commitment before I send the projector ! What would you do ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much for your piece of advice mechman.

I contacted them by Email and told them that the price was really expensive especially considering that my projector is hardly 1 year old.

They replied that they « are prepared to repair the projector at a reduced cost of £65.00 plus VAT » instead of £125 ! So they basically divided the price by 2 !

I'm glad because unfortunately I'm not the kind of guy who easily fight for discount, yet I obtained this great discount so it's cool.

Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts