Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
does anyone know if the 3311ci can work with the ep4000 without an s converter. the sub is a mach5 dual vc wired +to + and -to -. Also the correct dip switch settings for 1 channel non bridged and is this even the best way to do it.. thank you

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ok a Denon AVR with pre-out yes should work, if do not get good result get the box. Oh and a mach 5 or a IXL mach 5 to make sure.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your quick replies. Yes it is a denon avr and a mach5 ixl 18 2ohm dual voice coil.Hooked up in its present state there is absolutely no volume. p.s. supposedly the "made in China" receivers are different than the Japanese ones

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks. subwoofer out (rca)from denon to 1/4 adapter into ep4000, speaker wire to + on one vc to + on the other and the two - the same way to one channel on the amplifier

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
If there is absolutley no volume then something is not working. If you have low volume you might need the converter box.

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Is the sub output turned on in the setup menue on the AVR? I know on my Denon everything has to be setup first.:dontknow:

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
I'm just assuming your using the amp in bridged mono mode, is there a switch on the back for that feature and is it set correctly?:dontknow:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Also the dip switches are marked wrong at the switches. Use the silkscreen chart on the right hand side of the back of the amp to see where to set them.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Does at least the signal lights(yellow) flashes or lite on the amp when sending signal??? or any other LED on the front panel for that matter red or green, and + one re-wire your speaker to serie like suggested to get 4 ohms load and run the amp bridged.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the help. Yes I got it working by wiring it in series and running it in stereo. Do you really hook up the speaker cable to both red terminals in bridge mode? Will try bridge mode tomorrow. Also have gotten a hum from the cable box .Any ideas besides lifting the ground

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks to everyone for all your help. I have it now running in bridge mode and it rocks. Couldn't(wouldn't) have even attempted without everyone on this forum

1 - 19 of 19 Posts