Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front speakers, left/right, has a power woofer. The speaker's FR is rated down to 27Hz. However, the receiver is crossover at 60Hz with speakers set to 'small'. I also, have a 15" sub. I'm thinking of using EQ for the speakers and the sub as well.

I think I may need two BFDs - one for left/right and one for the sub.
or
Use Audiocontrol Bijou or Rane THX? It's quite expensive and I'm not sure if does the same thing as BFD.

So my question is there a cheap effective ways of EQing the left/right and sub?

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
With the risk of some people disagreeing with me, I don't consider the BFD as audiophile quality and would resist the temptation to use it on your mains.

What is it you intend to "equalize" with respect to the mains. Anything above a few hundred hertz would require fairly low Q filtering (such as a graphic EQ might provide). If you have you speakers set to small, then the area below 60Hz wouldn't benefit too much from EQ.....

brucek

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Marcus, Are you using an external amp on your mains? If not you wont be able to hook up any sort of EQ to do the adjustments you ask.
Bruce is right, your far better off using a true Pro grade 1/3 octave stereo EQ on your mains for your sub the BFD would be ok.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking of letting the sub handle anything below 60Hz and the speaker's sub handle the midbass - 60Hz - 150Hz). I have to run REW again but remember having a few 'highs', one at 40Hz and another at 80 - 90Hz. I thought of EQing the mains for the 60 - 150Hz range.

The bass is pretty good right now. But you know how it is, always trying to reach the 'holy grail'.

I have Yamaha v661 as pre/pro with LPA1 amp, speakers - Strata Mini.

thanks,
Marcus

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.