Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
They'll have to take my backward compatible, SACD playing, 4 USB & media slot touting, touch sensitive button FAT from my stiff dead hands. :paddle: LOL
I'm with you on this, I really dont want a slim, I only want bitstreaming :explode: :hissyfit: :wits-end:

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
They'll have to take my backward compatible, SACD playing, 4 USB & media slot touting, touch sensitive button FAT from my stiff dead hands. :paddle: LOL
Too funny! 3 days after posting this I get the YLOD! Thankfully there are some really good instructionals on You Tube on how to re-flow the cpu and gpu. All's well again.:sweat:

Ares did you notify Sony so they could download a virus onto my PS3? Or maybe they are monitoring the forums.

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I secretly work for Sony and I check out forums to see who has the Fat system.:D All joking a side are you sure that one or both chips have lost contact with the motherboard?

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I will assume that you have changed the stock thermal paste and are using some better quality thermal paste, which will go along way to help prevent this from happening again.

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Sounds like AS5 it's good stuff it's what I use as well, the one thing I don't like is the 200 hours of break-in, I also like the AS Céramique it's white and has a break-in of 25 hours. I am glad to hear that this worked out for you.

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
The break-in process happens when the paste goes through heating and cooling cycles,according to Arctic Silver their thermal paste goes through a phase change, in which during the break-in process the thermal paste thins out and then starts to thicken a bit. This whole process stops after break-in this is all according to Arctic Silver.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts